Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your considered response and telling me that I'm all over the place.

So in short you have no specific evidence that Sanchez has lost his speed,
just the 'Hundreds of videos of his game that are out there'? OK, seeing as you have no factual evidence to provide to back up your opinion, & seeing as there's 'hundreds' of videos out there which you've found the time to reference, you won't have a problem finding 3 or 4 and posting them with a detailed analysis of how you intend to compare his pace from his time at Arsenal until the present then?

Also, in a failing team Sanchez managed 30 goals in all competitions last season, with 24 of those coming in the PL which comfortably made him Arsenal top scorer by 11 goals over his nearest team mate. Do you care to explain how this is classed as 'His fading' over this season and last?

The season before he was only 2nd to Giroud (24) on 17 and was still 8 ahead of his nearest team mate Walcott, so did you have an issue with Sanchez in 2015/16 too?
I can only give you subjective opinion, it's what 99% of this message board is about. Your request that I prove it by video analysis is silly.

Players grow old, and those who rely significantly on power/pace are particularly affected. I predicted in the Summer he'd struggle to replicate his form of last season and he has.

I can only give you subjective opinion, it's what 99% of this message board is about. Your request that I prove it by video analysis is silly.

Players grow old, and those who rely significantly on power/pace are particularly affected. I predicted in the Summer he'd struggle to replicate his form of last season and he has.
So you're admitting what you've stated isn't fact, it's just your subjective opinion? Well that's OK then. :-)

I thought you'd have been able to pull up even ONE of your hundreds of videos to illustrate you 'subjective opinion'. We all grow old and some older a lot quicker than others, however I've seen no evidence to support your assertions that Sanchez has fell off the age cliff-edge since last May.

Granted, he may be a little tired after a season of carrying Arsenal and then playing in the Confederations Cup, & dismayed after having his hopes of leaving Arsenal dashed, but 'Growing Old' since last May & 'losing a yard of pace' over the last 2 seasons is a bit of a stretch wouldn't you agree?

I've asked you to back up what you've claimed and you can't, so I suppose we'll just have to swap opinion for opinion for now until you find a statistic or one of your hundreds of videos to give even the slightest credence to your 'subjective opinion'.

I don’t know the guy but evidence would suggest that Sanchez doesn’t really buy into the team ethic and can be a troublesome when he doesn’t get his own way.
I don't care one jot about his personality, all I care about is his willingness and ability to buy into what Pep is trying to achieve which I expect him to do going by Pep's knowledge of the guy. I see him as another Tevez (hopefully without any agent problems), someone who signs up as a hired gun and not seeking friendship aside of his two dogs, and as long as he is paid accordingly then he will fulfill the terms of his contract before moving on to his next venture.

I don't care one jot about his personality, all I care about is his willingness and ability to buy into what Pep is trying to achieve which I expect him to do going by Pep's knowledge of the guy. I see him as another Tevez (hopefully without any agent problems), someone who signs up as a hired gun and not seeking friendship aside of his two dogs, and as long as he is paid accordingly then he will fulfill the terms of his contract before moving on to his next venture.
Brilliantly ruthless assessment mate!

Sanchez, our proposed new hired gun with his two pitbulls! Lol :-)

It looks like he is coming here. Only time will tell if he is a good signing. On his day he is one of the best players in the PL and if he only costs about £25m, it seems a no brainer. There are fears from some that he could come in and upset the balance, but Pep has worked with him before, so knows what he is about. I personally think he will strengthen the team, so I hope he comes.

I hope he comes.

I don't see any downside to signing a proven world class forward with Prem experience who's worked with Pep before, especially for about half price from a rival team.

It's important in a squad game and a long season that we don't lose quality when players are missing - we saw how badly that went last season. We're only a Kun or Jesus injury/suspension away from having a paper thin squad to cope with 60-odd games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.