Away games in home end

Funny you shud mention franny running bobby moore ...a couple of years later dec 1970 i think Bell did the same thing; u tube footage is pretty good..you can see that westhams manager (greenwood?) had told moore to keep a close eye on bell,it looks as tho moore is actually trying to man mark him.Bell just made the england captain look stupid, he was two steps ahead,every time...on one occasion The King sidesteps moore like a kipper,leaving the england captain tackling fresh air...moore is actually seen in the footage straying into midfield to mark Bell,but time and again Bell just waltzes round him making the centre back look slow and cumbersome....makes me think either moore was over rated.....or Colin Bell was SERIOUSLY under rated.....
..Back to sid james park 68, were the newcastle fans in good humour,or was there any violence...id heard 20k City were there that day,what makes you say 27k?..on my last trip to newcy i had a chat with an old boy on their executive suite security after the match, he went all misty eyed when i mentioned 68 and said City took 20k that day

I don't recall any trouble that day but the following year we drew them in the cup up there. Drew first match & there was plenty of aggro inside & outside.

Won the replay in front of a huge midweek crowd (59000)? and went onto win 't cup.

Blackburn when we won promotion. Shitting myself going in but it was full of City. That many that We started doing the conga! Also Madrid in the CL semi. Got tickets 2 minutes before kick off. Got to our seats in the gods and we were sat next to more blues!!

Oldham last game of the season one year. We climbed over the fence in with the blues. I remember loads of inflatables at the match. Especially a full size viking and Frankenstein' s monster!!

Oldham last game of the season one year. We climbed over the fence in with the blues. I remember loads of inflatables at the match. Especially a full size viking and Frankenstein' s monster!!
Frankenstein was a regular in those days and would often engage in battle with another partc inflatable whose name escapes me now....

Frankenstein was a regular in those days and would often engage in battle with another partc inflatable whose name escapes me now....
I remember him bossing a trex away at walsall one year!! might have been when gleghorn went in goal?? memorys not the same anymore ;)

I remember him bossing a trex away at walsall one year!! might have been when gleghorn went in goal?? memorys not the same anymore ;)
Remember that match.Crammed in behind the away goal,1nil up and all fine and dandy,nipped to bogs after 20 mins,came back 5 mins later and it had all changed fod the worse.Walsall had equalises,Dibble out cold on the turf in front oc us,gleghorn takes the gloves to go in goal...andy saville runs riot on his walsall debut,former rag i think,ends 3-3 draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.