MCFC U-18's

Media mentioning the England U17s win last night and the fact Bobby Duncan scored the winning goal and him being a cousin of Slip Gerrard. It does however state that he is a City player with no mention of a dispute.
Anyone with any up to date news on the situation?
Whilst I'm on here why do we not get any reports on the younger generation matches anymore? Two years ago BM was full of U16s and below achievements.

Any idea why? Seemed strange he did all of pre-season then disappeared.

I imagine it is again, the fact of so many players putting in great performances & not getting much game time over the last 5 years or so. There doesn't appear to be a pathway to the first team.

Hopefully Foden will get some time this season & perhaps deter others from leaving but it might be too late for some.

People have been burying their heads in the sand about this for years but it's only human nature to want a quicker path to the top.

Any idea why? Seemed strange he did all of pre-season then disappeared.

It comes from a lack of belief in the pathway to get a chance.

And that's a fact, not speculation. That's the exact reason he's left.

I can't think of many if any 17/18 year old players involved regularly in premier match day squads do not sure what these kids want. Take Tammy Abraham who has been out on loan in lower leagues done well then comes back to his paren club and is loaned out again to a club in a higher league now here he is playing for England. Get your heads down and if you do well success will follow. Plenty of kids have left City and gone on to do absolutely nothing at top level...

It comes from a lack of belief in the pathway to get a chance.

And that's a fact, not speculation. That's the exact reason he's left.

So our players expect to play at 16 17 and even 18? Premier teams do not play players at that age hardly! Think it’s the media talk that’s blinding there thoughts and decisions anyway good luck to the lad like Sancho hope they have a good career in football.

He's 16.

And from what you have said little belief in their ability to shine.

And 16 is a great age to think 'will i be getting a chance to play football by the time I'm 18', which is only a year and a half way. Bear in mind most high, high level footballers are playing football at 18 latest.

I think it's a very narrow-minded view to say they have no belief in themselves. It's the exact opposite in some cases. They have extreme belief in themselves, jsut don't believe in the club. Would I say you had no belief in yourself if you left your job for career prospects somewhere else? Imagine you saw all your mates and colleagues being told for years that if they worked hard, ticked all the boxes, improved their performances then they were inline for a promotion...but it never happened, for any of them, ever. Would you sit wilfully on your arse hoping for a miracle or would you be proactive and go somewhere else to learn more things? Is that unambitious? Is it fuck. You're saying that cos they're leaving the club you support.

Brahim Diaz is 18 now and arguably one of the brightest young players in world football, coveted by everyone, but he's already starting to look like he's set for the 'fuck off to various clubs on loan for 3 years' route as there is simply no chance for him to get more than a couple of sub appearances. It really, really pains me, cos he's clearly immensely talented as he showed in preseason/in countless youth games, but he's never gonna get the chances he needs to develop apart from some scatty loans? If I was him I'd just fuck off permanently and make my way up from a smaller club. It's a shame, so I really don't blame the kids for starting to have their heads turned.

I can't think of many if any 17/18 year old players involved regularly in premier match day squads do not sure what these kids want. Take Tammy Abraham who has been out on loan in lower leagues done well then comes back to his paren club and is loaned out again to a club in a higher league now here he is playing for England. Get your heads down and if you do well success will follow. Plenty of kids have left City and gone on to do absolutely nothing at top level...

You're totally right, there isn't many, but that's a very recent phenomenon, and it isn't a good thing. There isn't many young English lads at 20 either, never mind 18. You can't use that as proof that they're being impatient, as that's actually the reason why they are getting worried. The Premier League is totally fucking awful at using young English lads. It's a highly publicised problem, one that many discuss often. Clubs just have too much money and don't bother developing and instead sign loads of players instead. City and Chelsea are sadly two of the worst at this. They also, ironically, have the best talent.

I'm a lifelong City fan. Immensely proud and confident in my abilities too, but if I was a young lad at City i'd be tempted to stay there until I was 16, assess the options, see if there is any precedent for young lads getting a chance (their currently isn't, for whatever the reason) and then move to a club where I think I could actually be playing if there was no clear pathway.

So our players expect to play at 16 17 and even 18? Premier teams do not play players at that age hardly! Think it’s the media talk that’s blinding there thoughts and decisions anyway good luck to the lad like Sancho hope they have a good career in football.

Nah I think they just expect to have a debut when the time is right. Not necessarily now. When you've earned it, like all the best young players in the world do. That doesn't happen really at clubs like Chelsea and City, and if it does its probably means a 5 min sub appearance once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.