For those that saw both live who was better?

Ag

totally agree with you mate, I read Paul Lakes book and it was so sad in parts, he was a genius in the making, laughed like fuck when he was describing getting a lift to a game on a Boxing Day, they passed a flatbed truck on the way and there was a full kiddies paddling pool on the back full of pissed up City fans .. Still chuckle thinking about it, happy happy days
Why are we talking about Lake. Even if he dad developed into a v good player, he would have gone to liverpool or similar big club. If he was here in our good years than that is a different case but in 80s, 90s or the early 1st decate of 2000 we sold good players to chelsea( big clubs).

Difficult one different era so hard to judge Colin will always be the king but for me Silva is the best player I have seen in a city shirt.

Weird how both never had a stand out Wembley game for City.
Two brilliant talents though.
I would put YaYa up there with Colin.
Merlin just below both.

My first match (aged 5) was the 1956 cup final. I've no recollection of that day but on the Sunday we went round to Ken Barnes's house and my dad had his photo taken with the cup ( which I've still got). I was at Newcastle when we won the league in 1968 and have followed City ever since those days. I genuinely don't think you can compare teams from different eras. My "litmus" test is to say how much better than other top teams we were at the time. The Lee, Bell, Summerbee team was great and a bit better than the rest when it was cooking. The present team could well be significantly better than the rest in the months and years to come, especially given the age profile we now have. For me, exciting times again after the lean years. If I'm pushed for a comparison, I'd say that only Colin Bell could have thrived in the modern game.

Weird how both never had a stand out Wembley game for City.
Two brilliant talents though.
I would put YaYa up there with Colin.
Merlin just below both.
Same here. Silva has lasted longer than Yaya, but Yaya has been more important to us. However, it's fucking great being able to argue about Silva and Yaya and living in the era they've been playing. We're very fortunate fans. Oh, and we've got the de Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Jesus era upon us.

Nothing like each other, more like Gerrard/Lampard only better with more pace and engine, Gaz Baz always reminded me of him, just way too slow compared to Colin

bell far superior at finishing , silva for unlocking defences, but both worked incredibly hard for their teams , but if i had to pick one it would have to be bell all day

It's very difficult to say. Different style of players and totally different era. Bell is probably the only one of his era who could have played in this era without a total revolution in lifestyle/training, as he was acknowledged by his peers as super fit, almost unnaturally so. But then that was in an era when you could play at the top level with a beer belly.

I suspect Bell could have played in any position. Doubt Silva would work as a centre-half.

But both count as absolutely superb players, among the greats who have played for City, legends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.