Sergej Milinković-Savić

If his nickname is SMS there is the chance of a song from Police, Message in a Bottle. I'll send an SMS to the world. Or maybe not?

Absolutely no point buying him - Unless he goes to Girona. Would play instead of KDB, Silva or Bernardo possibly Jesus too and would block the pression of Foden and Diaz who are both sublime talents.

Of course he could be a replacement for Yaya as Fernandinho's deputy but he hasn't played much at all in s DM role.

Last edited:
Haven't seen enough of his style of play but Doesn't strike me as a player we need and I can't see how he will improve the team with the players we already have. I won't want him to sign for a title rival though. If he doesn't go for crazy money and we can get him around £25m then worth a punt to see if Pep can improve him.

Absolutely no point buying him - Unless he goes to Girona. Would play instead of KDB, Silva or Bernardo possibly Jesus too and would block the pression of Foden and Diaz who are both sublime talents.

Of course he could be a replacement for Yaya as Fernandinho's deputy but he hasn't played .ugh at all in s DM role.

Haven't seen enough of his style of play but Doesn't strike me as a player we need and I can't see how he will improve the team with the players we already have. I won't want him to sign for a title rival though. If he doesn't go for crazy money and we can get him around £25m then worth a punt to see if Pep can improve him.

I have read some bizarre things on this forum but these two posts are right up there.

Suggesting to move him to Girona? blocking the progression of Foden and Diaz?
What??!?!?!

We very much do need a player like him, Fernandinho has perhaps one season at his current level left. He will slot straight into our midfield, has the physicality for the prem and more than good enough technique to suit our play. He would develop great under Pep.

I suggest you both go away and understand what player he is. He will go for 50/60m easy. I dont see us spending 200m + in the summer so I am hoping we can get in Sanchez, Ghoulam and maybe even Can to allow us to spend big on someone like this lad or Weigl etc.

I have read some bizarre things on this forum but these two posts are right up there.

Suggesting to move him to Girona? blocking the progression of Foden and Diaz?
What??!?!?!

We very much do need a player like him, Fernandinho has perhaps one season at his current level left. He will slot straight into our midfield, has the physicality for the prem and more than good enough technique to suit our play. He would develop great under Pep.

I suggest you both go away and understand what player he is. He will go for 50/60m easy. I dont see us spending 200m + in the summer so I am hoping we can get in Sanchez, Ghoulam and maybe even Can to allow us to spend big on someone like this lad or Weigl etc.

Where do you want me to go? I didn't say he should go to Girona or is blocking progression. In fact I said he is worth a punt for £25m. But £50/60m for a 22 yo who is yet to show consistency in rallying the team when the chips are down, that's a recipe for Pogba like disaster. We have Gundogan, and for £60m we can get Fabinho. And physicality in the league is overrated, except for a one dimensional hoofball team. The Silvas and Fernandinho have done well not being a 6' player.

Where do you want me to go? I didn't say he should go to Girona or is blocking progression. In fact I said he is worth a punt for £25m. But £50/60m for a 22 yo who is yet to show consistency in rallying the team when the chips are down, that's a recipe for Pogba like disaster. We have Gundogan, and for £60m we can get Fabinho. And physicality in the league is overrated, except for a one dimensional hoofball team. The Silvas and Fernandinho have done well not being a 6' player.
Most of my points are in here. He has yet to prove himself as a DM. Unless we're buying him to prove elsewhere that he has the ability or physically then I can't see it happening.

Most of my points are in here. He has yet to prove himself as a DM. Unless we're buying him to prove elsewhere that he has the ability or physically then I can't see it happening.
I've no idea wheter we should buy him or not, one thing I do know though is Pep knows the dm / pivot position better than any other its his position, he spotted Busquets and moved him to that position he played Lahm there when nobody else had thought of it. So if we buy him then I'm pretty sure there is a very good chance he can play there, whether he has proven it elsewhere or not, same goes for whoever we end up buying to play there.

I have said it till I'm blue in the face but any DM we get has to have pace to burn to cope with the pace of the Premier League. This guy does not appear to have this pace. I'm pretty sure Pep is very well aware of this too with his experimentation over the last 16 months.

I have said it till I'm blue in the face but any DM we get has to have pace to burn to cope with the pace of the Premier League. This guy does not appear to have this pace. I'm pretty sure Pep is very well aware of this too with his experimentation over the last 16 months.
Fernandinho seems to be doing ok and while he isnt slow , I wouldnt say he has pace to burn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.