City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

Will be interested to see whether Etihad will be changed to another company. Perhaps somebody high profile in China given the 13% stake they now hold. We could really make that a profitable market for us.

If the Etihad deal is now up to £60m a season then I'd say about 15% of our total revenue comes from AD-based companies or organisations.

But this misses a very important point. If Etihad were to say that they were withdrawing from sponsorship of the shirts, does anyone really think we couldn't find a suitable replacement who would pay at least the same, such as Nissan for example? Of course we would. So the only ones that, for me, we get only because of our ownership are the ones from Etisalat, TCA Abu Dhabi and Aabar (who have a presence in the UK anyway via stakes in EMI and BP). That's £15m in total tops (and that could be a significant over-estimate)
We could get £60m for the shirt alone, possibly keeping the current (?) £40m from Etihad just for the ground and campus. It would be extremely disappointing if we'd renegotiated the combined deal and £60m was the result.

If the Etihad deal is now up to £60m a season then I'd say about 15% of our total revenue comes from AD-based companies or organisations.

But this misses a very important point. If Etihad were to say that they were withdrawing from sponsorship of the shirts, does anyone really think we couldn't find a suitable replacement who would pay at least the same, such as Nissan for example? Of course we would. So the only ones that, for me, we get only because of our ownership are the ones from Etisalat, TCA Abu Dhabi and Aabar (who have a presence in the UK anyway via stakes in EMI and BP). That's £15m in total tops (and that could be a significant over-estimate)

Etisalat do not seem to be included in the list of sponsors on the OS. Have they stopped sponsoring us or is the OS wrong?

I don't get the idea of a sponsor change for shirt or stadium. We were purchased specifically to promote the Etihad brand globally. Now at the point we are playing, arguably the best football available on the planet and therefore generating the best kudos possible for sponsors why would Etihad want to drop out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.