Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Agree with what you say but some on here will take umbridge as to why Wolves keeps getting mentioned.

Don't see why to be honest. Saying City's winning streak is 'X games (including one over Wolves on penalties)' just seems like an accurate description to me.

I don't understand why anybody would be offended. It's the same as a cup final won on penalties or any other event and when results listed and/or discussion of games occurs then it would be foolish not to mention it. As far as the IFAB are concerned, the ultimate lawmakers, in their latest correspondence it's a win:
kicks from the penalty mark are a method of determining the winner of a match ( or tie) when the scores are level.
QED if any team plays any match which required KFPM and they win that 'event' they win the match.

Thankfully, all appropriate governing bodies, lawmakers, record books, media companies etc. regard it as a win that must count in sequence records and therefore we have the judgement we need. We can all have our opinions of course, but ultimately it's those people and organisations who decide what is/isn't a win/record.

Thanks for the confirmation Gary.

Only at City would we try and downplay one of the most impressive records in English football history when, even if the official bodies that you mention didn't agree with us (which they do), it is clearly common-sense that we won the match against Wolves.

Shame it's not being talked about more in the media. I'm sure if it was United or one of the London clubs, it would be.

I mentioned it the other day Gary. I know City recognise the wolves game as a win, so do i too. Why would they put it as a draw on their results webpage?

://www.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team?results=true

Because they are fucking idiots? Honestly I find our website so depressing. We went from having a ground-breaking, really excellent website - literally the envy of world football - to the biggest pile of garbage I have ever seen. I know the sponsorship money is important, but equally so is having a decent web site.

Because they are fucking idiots? Honestly I find our website so depressing. We went from having a ground-breaking, really excellent website - literally the envy of world football - to the biggest pile of garbage I have ever seen. I know the sponsorship money is important, but equally so is having a decent web site.
The biggest pile of garbage you have ever seen? Fucking wobble your head

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.