Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also holds onto the ball for far too long, but that can be a consequence of EDS football encouragement as the point is to develop and not necessarily win.
I find him incredibly frustrating to watch for this reason. I mean, he's an amazing talent, but whenever I watch him I'm constantly muttering "pass, pass, PASS the bloody ball". He plays like someone who is used to being the best player in the team, and didn't quite trust his team mates.
This is why I'm so happy he's training with the first team - he needs to learn to think about the match in terms of the whole team's positioning, rather than what magic HE can perform. Having said that, he has such talent, and I'm so looking forward to seeing him play in our first team.

I find him incredibly frustrating to watch for this reason. I mean, he's an amazing talent, but whenever I watch him I'm constantly muttering "pass, pass, PASS the bloody ball". He plays like someone who is used to being the best player in the team, and didn't quite trust his team mates.
This is why I'm so happy he's training with the first team - he needs to learn to think about the match in terms of the whole team's positioning, rather than what magic HE can perform. Having said that, he has such talent, and I'm so looking forward to seeing him play in our first team.

That's a really common thing in young players like Brahim. It was only 18 months ago Isco couldn't get in the Madrid team and the reasoning was he always held onto it too long.

It'll come with maturity, and coaching from someone like Pep.

Wasn't called up to Spain's U21 team again, cannot find Spain's U18,19 or 20 squads so he may be going to one of those, but he was called once to the U21's, strange to think he hasn't been called again.

Wasn't called up to Spain's U21 team again, cannot find Spain's U18,19 or 20 squads so he may be going to one of those, but he was called once to the U21's, strange to think he hasn't been called again.
He's injured isn't he ? That's why he missed the Wolves game.

Foden plays with an intelligence and maturity that rightly puts him at the top of the academy but as far as I'm concerned Diaz is still the most talented player we've got in that group; even if Sancho were here that'd be the case. Just watching him dribble and play such a two footed game is so exciting in a way that's unique within the game. His preseason performances weren't flukes.

His only potential problem would be to fall in to that trap so many hyper talented youngsters find themselves caught by which is to not properly learn how to play the team game. Gabriel Jesus would be a good role model on this front.

He's not bad on that front by any means but he's behind Foden, which means that obviously he could be doing better (to match Foden) which in turn means there's work to do.

A loan wouldn't do him harm. Just for the sake of getting games. I think the club is just waiting to see how the changes in the academy work out before they make any decisions though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.