Paulo Dybala

He wouldn't fit here tactically, very limited player in terms of possible ways of integration. Can only play as SS/10 (Pep doesn't use them) and lacks good engine to run into spaces on counters.

Sergio should be here until summer 2019 at least

Gabriel Jesus, Sterling , Sane , Bernardo & possibly Sanchez.

We'll have other priorities for next summer IMO. We're one defender injury away from undoing all the work this season. He'll be a luxury signing.

Sky getting excited by a tweet from Pogba wishing Dybala a happy birthday with the hashtag #agentp. The excitement apparently arises from the fact that this was the very same hashtag he used in a tweet to Lukaku just before he signed for the rags.

Personally, I hope it happens. He isn't what they need and would cost yet another record transfer fee.

Sky getting excited by a tweet from Pogba wishing Dybala a happy birthday with the hashtag #agentp. The excitement apparently arises from the fact that this was the very same hashtag he used in a tweet to Lukaku just before he signed for the rags.

Personally, I hope it happens. He isn't what they need and would cost yet another record transfer fee.
But i think you are not considering Mourinho could leave and be replaced by a good manager who could actually use him.

No way he goes anywhere except Real or Barca. They are the only forward steps from Juve for a player his age. And, he wants to be protected and enjoy the good life...that'll not happen here in England, and especially not in Trafford.

While he is the right age for Pep, he has already hit the "massive" label, so we'll not be spending time and effort on him. Pep wants Sergi Roberto for the midfield, and will get him for the Release Clause amount, he wants another forward, and he wants at least one new young established CB. That's £200M at current elevated transfer fees, so that'll be it.

The Roberto link is the quintessential agent manoeuvring.... he won't be playing at city. We've already done the ground work on Danilo at Porto in that position!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time we signed Bony, we need a plan B with Aguero being number one striker. Unfortunately it never quite worked out for both parties and Bony getting Malaria was pivotal too that, Although I rate Dybala, I'm not sure he would of come to sit on the bench. As people have said I don't think he is as important addition (presuming Sanchez comes on a free) as central defensive midfielder and cover for left back/central defender.

The Danilo stuff is interesting. There have been mutterings that Pep wants a physical DM who can give us some steel.

We don't actually lack physicality though, we could put out a team with 7/11 players over 6ft. I can't imagine Pep saying that either "Look what we need is some steel"...

I wouldn't be surprised if we set out to sign someone to emulate the Seydou Keita role at Barca, who was a very disciplined physical midfielder he brought on when he needed an enforcer, but Danilo's going to cost £50m+ and will be 27 so I'm not convinced he's the right player for that role.

I've been wrong plenty of times before though...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.