Shakhtar (A) Pre Match Thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think the TC trip is good value. 299 to arrive at 1 pm and be whisked off to the game 6 ish. your feet wont touch the ground on leaving. so that like 5 hours to chill/ drink etc. nah.
I'd normally agree with you but I don't think there's much to see in fairness.

I'm travelling to and from in a far more convoluted way and it's gonna cost me more. Given the cost of the trips to Feyenoord and Naples, and others in the past I was expecting this one to cost over £400 due to the distance, so it is good value in that respect.

I just don't think the TC trip is good value. 299 to arrive at 1 pm and be whisked off to the game 6 ish. your feet wont touch the ground on leaving. so that like 5 hours to chill/ drink etc. nah.

It’s a shame the Spike’s 2 day trip isn’t going ahead but the 1 dayer should be OK. Seeing the game is the key thing but it would have good to have an overnight stay.

It is going to be (according to the Tommy Cook reps for Napoli) a 5am flight. That means airport at 4am, at the latest. Land (english time) at 10am add 2 hours ? so in the centre for 1pm. Airport at Midnight for return 5 hour flight but knock off 2 hours, so landing about 3am.
I am not sure if i am just geting old but I was shagged after Naples so this is a no no. I would love to do it but it needed an overnight stop. I live in Manchester so i would have to be up and in a taxi for 3.30am and get home around 4am the next day. 24 hours straight through is too much for me.

It is going to be (according to the Tommy Cook reps for Napoli) a 5am flight. That means airport at 4am, at the latest. Land (english time) at 10am add 2 hours ? so in the centre for 1pm. Airport at Midnight for return 5 hour flight but knock off 2 hours, so landing about 3am.
I am not sure if i am just geting old but I was shagged after Naples so this is a no no. I would love to do it but it needed an overnight stop. I live in Manchester so i would have to be up and in a taxi for 3.30am and get home around 4am the next day. 24 hours straight through is too much for me.

My thoughts exactly. TC trip would kill me.
Not given up hope of something coming up, but looks like BT Sport for this one.

Game won't finish till 11.35/11.40 So no chance of a midnight flight and back by 3. I d say flight will be around 2 and land around 5am our time

The Thomas Cook trips come in for a lot of criticism, mainly due to the initial payout, when compared to the drip-drip costs of doing your own thing, (which on the surface appear far cheaper, but if you're totally honest, aren't that much different, once you allow for petrol/airport food/ Stanstead car park charges etc). Yes, you can spend more time in a foreign city, but some cities offer far more value than others.
Normally, we do our own thing, but on this occasion, I just want to get home as soon as possible, once the game has finished. Undoubtedly, this is where Thomas Cook serve a purpose.

Match kick off is 9:45 local time so you won’t be at the airport at 12. In reality flight will be about 2am and will land at Manchester about 5am so home for 6. We’re talking about 27/28 hours from leaving home to getting back.

Match kick off is 9:45 local time so you won’t be at the airport at 12. In reality flight will be about 2am and will land at Manchester about 5am so home for 6. We’re talking about 27/28 hours from leaving home to getting back.

Yeh, I made it sound half decent by getting the return flight time wrong, as you and Didsbury Blu says, the flight wont be landing until 5, an hour perhaps before you clear the airport. I would be home about 6.30 !! I really fancied this trip but it would take me 4 days to recover !!

I'm going via Istanbul, about £270 return. Only problem is that you can't do the outward or inward flights in one day, so (at minimum) need 1 night Istanbul, 1 night Kharkiv and one more night Istanbul. But hotels are dead cheap this time of year. I've got the time, so no problem, in fact I'm staying a bit longer in Istanbul, never been, supposed to be good, and somewhat warmer than Kharkiv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.