January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to make an LB a priority above anything else. I am concerned about Delph's injury proneness.

Could do worse than take a look at Wolfsburg's young left back Gian-Luca Itter, a star in the making. Whether they will part with him or not is another matter.

Looking at our (rather excellent) start to our season, the one issue which I still have with the squad is the lack of depth* we have, now of course is does not matter at this stage of the season, but when we end up having to deal with the latter stages of the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League and the last stages of the Title Race (times when City will need to play 2-3 games per week, not an easy task for teams in the EPL) then maintaining this level of performance is going to be difficult if not impossible. I mean even now there have been games when this problem has been exposed (The League Cup Game vs Wolves*, the EPL Game vs Arsenal** and the EPL Game vs Everton).

So with this in mind I feel that we are going to need to get another Left Back (Rose), 2 Centre Backs (Alderweireld and Vertonghen), another DM (Kante), another AM (Alli), 2 Wingers (Sanchez and O.Dembélé) and another striker (Kane)*** over the next 2 transfer windows assuming the squad limits remain the same to somewhat address this issue. However in my view if we are going to be challenging for the Quadruple every season those squad limits need to be relaxed and thus we are going to need more players than the ones I am suggesting.

*I know it is the League cup, but the fact is that a club like ours should not be struggling to beat a team like Wolves. No ifs or buts. Thank god Bravo saved our arses (A term I thought I would never use) that night.

**Considering the state of the Arsenal at the moment, we should have had a better result than just 3-1 against them. Which we would of got if we had more depth.

***If Agüero does leave City at the end of next season.

Do you think we have a budget of 1 billion? Lol

Is it just me or are @Easy and @Blue1880 living on a different planet?

Ramos and Toby for CB!/? Alex Sandro for rotating LB, Hazard?! , Donnarumma as backup to Ederson?1?!?!?!?!

Add that to earlier suggestions of buying 5 of tottenham's first 11, Kante who wouldn't fit our team and Dembele who just cost Barca over 100mil.

Looking at our (rather excellent) start to our season, the one issue which I still have with the squad is the lack of depth* we have, now of course is does not matter at this stage of the season, but when we end up having to deal with the latter stages of the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League and the last stages of the Title Race (times when City will need to play 2-3 games per week, not an easy task for teams in the EPL) then maintaining this level of performance is going to be difficult if not impossible. I mean even now there have been games when this problem has been exposed (The League Cup Game vs Wolves*, the EPL Game vs Arsenal** and the EPL Game vs Everton).

So with this in mind I feel that we are going to need to get another Left Back (Rose), 2 Centre Backs (Alderweireld and Vertonghen), another DM (Kante), another AM (Alli), 2 Wingers (Sanchez and O.Dembélé) and another striker (Kane)*** over the next 2 transfer windows assuming the squad limits remain the same to somewhat address this issue. However in my view if we are going to be challenging for the Quadruple every season those squad limits need to be relaxed and thus we are going to need more players than the ones I am suggesting.

*I know it is the League cup, but the fact is that a club like ours should not be struggling to beat a team like Wolves. No ifs or buts. Thank god Bravo saved our arses (A term I thought I would never use) that night.

**Considering the state of the Arsenal at the moment, we should have had a better result than just 3-1 against them. Which we would of got if we had more depth.

***If Agüero does leave City at the end of next season.
I think leaving Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Bale, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Reus, Higuain, Dybala, Morata, Cavani, Mbappe, Werner and Benzema could leave us lacking depth in the forward line if I'm being honest.

Is it just me or are @Easy and @Blue1880 living on a different planet?

Ramos and Toby for CB!/? Alex Sandro for rotating LB, Hazard?! , Donnarumma as backup to Ederson?1?!?!?!?!

Add that to earlier suggestions of buying 5 of tottenham's first 11, Kante who wouldn't fit our team and Dembele who just cost Barca over 100mil.

Mate we want to win everything. You just made me realize I left out Messi on a free and Bale as a super sub. Given Bale’s injury history he wouldn’t be that expensive. Perfect player to have on the bench and bring on when opposing defenses are tired. Wouldn’t start him too often as he is likely to get injured, a super sub role is perfect.

Luke shaw left back replacement in jan according to some reports, that’d be a worse buy than jfe would’ve been

Blue1880, I think you need to take a step back and get a bit more realistic.

If one is to be realistic then one needs to accept that firstly that there are big gaps in our squad (You know the sort that force us to put Delph as a LB) and secondly those gaps need to be addressed with players who are both proven and who are fit to wear the shirt. That is what I am trying to say here and in turn it is food for thought for those responsible for achieving our goals.

What on earth makes you think firstly that spuds would sell us those 5 players

Because Levy runs the club like a commercial business (and thus sell they best players every few seasons or so, even if he drives a hard bargain with every sale), because their players are paid less than equally (or even less) talented counterparts and because many of those players want to win trophies as a reward for their efforts across the seasons.

Likewise our club needs young and talented players (ideally "homegrown") and if just so happens that Spurs has a lot of these players while lastly if the squad limits where not so boneheaded, I would also have suggested we also sign Lloris, Erriksen and Winks as well.

and secondly we will be spending the 300m+ it would take to get them.

Without a doubt, but the fact is that the transfer market as a whole (talented or not) is massively overvalued for better or worse. Thus if we are going to be spending big anyway, we might as well get players which add something to the squad rather than waste both money and bench space.

No chance Liverpool sells us Can early, Napoli the same with Ghoulam.

Aside the question of if Can is potentially good enough; lets not forget that with the right price, no player is unsellable at the club and likewise surely he has worked out now that career wise, he is going to really progress at Anfield.

Sanchez a possibility but will likely be a summer signing as Wenger is too stubborn to sell him

It was clear at the end of the season that they had all but given up in getting him to stay, trouble for us is that they realised too late to replace him (that and both the club and Sanchez did not try hard enough in the first place). Likewise his recent performances for the Arsenal have not exactly given them reasons to keep him either.

and concede once again just how far ahead we are of them.

When their own CEO talks about "Points per Transfer Spend", they have all but reached that stage. Likewise the fans themselves have accepted this quite dome time ago (Had Sanchez played for us in that FA Cup Semi-Final, they would have lost, simple as).

Do you think we have a budget of 1 billion? Lol

So what if we end up spending that much (in a single transfer window)?* Especially if we can afford it? Regards the club has targets/goals and clubs to ursurp, thus if we are going to be at Real Madrids level then we need to be willing to spend that much if needs be and turn either bypass FFP or get it overturned.

*For the record I would prefer if City went all out for 1 transfer window (2 at most) and spend the next 2-3 seasons, gelling the team together.

If one is to be realistic then one needs to accept that firstly that there are big gaps in our squad (You know the sort that force us to put Delph as a LB) and secondly those gaps need to be addressed with players who are both proven and who are fit to wear the shirt. That is what I am trying to say here and in turn it is food for thought for those responsible for achieving our goals.

Because Levy runs the club like a commercial business (and thus sell they best players every few seasons or so, even if he drives a hard bargain with every sale), because their players are paid less than equally (or even less) talented counterparts and because many of those players want to win trophies as a reward for their efforts across the seasons.

Likewise our club needs young and talented players (ideally "homegrown") and if just so happens that Spurs has a lot of these players while lastly if the squad limits where not so boneheaded, I would also have suggested we also sign Lloris, Erriksen and Winks as well.

Without a doubt, but the fact is that the transfer market as a whole (talented or not) is massively overvalued for better or worse. Thus if we are going to be spending big anyway, we might as well get players which add something to the squad rather than waste both money and bench space.

Aside the question of if Can is potentially good enough; lets not forget that with the right price, no player is unsellable at the club and likewise surely he has worked out now that career wise, he is going to really progress at Anfield.

It was clear at the end of the season that they had all but given up in getting him to stay, trouble for us is that they realised too late to replace him (that and both the club and Sanchez did not try hard enough in the first place). Likewise his recent performances for the Arsenal have not exactly given them reasons to keep him either.

When their own CEO talks about "Points per Transfer Spend", they have all but reached that stage. Likewise the fans themselves have accepted this quite dome time ago (Had Sanchez played for us in that FA Cup Semi-Final, they would have lost, simple as).

You are either not serious and fooling many here or competing for the title of most deluded poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.