Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the public criticism, wouldn't like it if it were about City. Having said that, I'm still amazed Martinez was given that job. Really odd decision especially as they have the potential to achieve great things with the current squad.

Difference between them is Martinez actually has some sort of tactics or strategy, just the fact that it's a bit shit usually. Wilmots doesn't even do such thing as tactics.

I agree about the public criticism, wouldn't like it if it were about City. Having said that, I'm still amazed Martinez was given that job. Really odd decision especially as they have the potential to achieve great things with the current squad.

The whole Martinez situation reminds me of Sven Erickson. A charming foreign manager, with no connection to the country managing a golden generation of players.

Belgium have found themselves with a squad of world class players and a Championship level manager. If they got someone like Ancelotti they’d be serious contenders to win the World Cup.

The whole Martinez situation reminds me of Sven Erickson. A charming foreign manager, with no connection to the country managing a golden generation of players.
Eriksson has won doubles in 3 countries, coached star-studded Lazio side, winning CWC. Martinez is a bang average coach with a poor record, suitable for Championship teams. They're not even close.

I think their central defenders are absolutely ridiculously comically overrated apart from Vinny, who is never fit, they have a cf more suited to direct ball than pass & move, but try to play pass & move, comedy fullbacks, they don't have a balanced set of quality players, having to use a gigantic one eyebrowed thug with square feet in centre mid.

Just one or two world stars, who don't really fit together with the rest who are a bunch of square pegs in round holes, who can't play together, & are hugely overrated, with a clown of a manager to boot. They rely on moments of individual excellence to get them through but are generally all over the fucking shop.

If they did build a nice solid team & allow just a few of the stars to perform, they could win the lot, but they almost certainly won't do it that way & will shoehorn a side together instead.

in short: England's Golden Generation MkII.

I think their central defenders are absolutely ridiculously comically overrated apart from Vinny, who is never fit, they have a cf more suited to direct ball than pass & move, but try to play pass & move, comedy fullbacks, they don't have a balanced set of quality players, having to use a gigantic one eyebrowed thug with square feet in centre mid.

Just one or two world stars, who don't really fit together with the rest who are a bunch of square pegs in round holes, who can't play together, & are hugely overrated, with a clown of a manager to boot. They rely on moments of individual excellence to get them through but are generally all over the fucking shop.

If they did build a nice solid team & allow just a few of the stars to perform, they could win the lot, but they almost certainly won't do it that way & will shoehorn a side together instead.

in short: England's Golden Generation MkII.
I haven't seen them very much but I don't really agree with your assessment of the squad except for the full backs (They don't have to use Fellaini) Dries Mertens plays great pass and move football and Vertongen and Alderweireld are as good as anyone .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.