January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are either not serious and fooling many here or competing for the title of most deluded poster.

And may I ask which of my points do you object (and if so why)? Likewise as for the title in question, I can show many a Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal poster who are far more deserving of that title than I'll ever be.

And may I ask which of my points do you object (and if so why)? Likewise as for the title in question, I can show many a Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal poster who are far more deserving of that title than I'll ever be.

Hehe I meant among city fans :)

You want us to buy 3 Spurs defenders including £40-50m Rose to rotate with Mendy. Ridiculous. We already have Walker getting another player from Spurs would be difficult but 3??? Dembele?? He just went to Barca, got a serious injury. Not is there a 0% chance they would sell, we would not be interested. Kante? You really think Chelsea are going to sell one of the best players to a title rival????

How old are you? 14 maybe? You should lay off the FIFA.

We will buy a maximum of 4 players these next two windows and surely won’t be spending anything close to £400m.

Edit: I see ALL your posts are related to transfers. Definitely a young one.

This is my idea. Bring in LB this window and leave Mendy off the champions league squad. Also if possible sort something out with Sanchez, be it a pre contract for the summer or bring him in in January.
Then in the summer sell/release Mangala, toure, zinchenko and Danilo. Replace them with a new CB ( honestly not sure who to get) Weigl, Sanchez and bring back MAffeo to act as second choice right back.
The squad would look like this
Ederson
Bravo
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Kompany
New CB
Mendy
New LB
Fernandihno
Weigl
Delph
De Bruyne
Silva
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Aguero
Jesus
Sane
Sanchez
That is 21 foreign& homegrown. MAffeo, Tosin, Diaz and Foden would count as academy players.

It might seem controversial to get rid of Danilo but the fact is we have to drop one player if we sign Sanchez and a new LB. I feel Delph has done enough to stay an extra season although where he would play if we had 2 LBs in the squad would be difficult to say. Alternatively we could keep Danilo , sell Delph and replace him with a homegrown LB most likely Bertrand.

Ramos and Toby for CB!/?

Stones and Otemendi might have improved compared to last season, but they cannot be depended upon to meet the task at hand alone and considering how many times we have been shat on in this position, we might as well get proven quality in this area.

Alex Sandro for rotating LB

The Mendy injury shows we need to get another WC Left Back, need I say more.

Sane and Sterling are not the sort of players who can play/score/assist 50-60 times every season (and not get sent off or suspended), in fact virtually no player is. Thus we need more wingers like Hazard and Sanchez.

Donnarumma as backup to Ederson?1?!?!?!?!

I personally think he is better off going to Juventus (he is pretty much a ready made sucessor for Buffon), reguardless we do need to get someone like Lloris though. Simply because maintaining a good record for 60 games or so for season after season (all the while avoiding suspension and injury) is a virtually impossible for any Goalkeeper, heck even Peter Schmeichel gave up after one season of being part of a Treble contending team.

Kante who wouldn't fit our team

Is he not the best CDM in the league though?

Dembele who just cost Barca over 100mil.

A player we ourselves should have got in the first place.

Hehe I meant among city fans :)

Now that is a rather harder task to say the least, regardless you yourself are nowhere near in contention. Especially since you have been very willing to back up your claims.

You want us to buy 3 Spurs defenders including £40-50m Rose to rotate with Mendy. Ridiculous. We already have Walker getting another player from Spurs would be difficult but 3???

Well the fact of the matter is that Tottenham have some of the best defenders in the leagues, defenders which would address what is the biggest weak point in our squad. Likewise under Levy there have a long record of cashing on their best players (and I have seen nothing which has changed this) and if they have been shown to be willing to sell to Man U, Real Madrid and us, I don't why they would object if the price is right (I agree it will not be easy)

And that is before we get to the contract issues both Rose and Alderweireld have had with Spurs of late...

He just went to Barca got a serious injury. Not is there a 0% chance they would sell, we would not be interested.

The thing is that I had advocated his purchase before he joined Barcelona due our need for wingers and the potential talent he is got, in other words he is too good to not play in our shirt and quite frankly if we are going to get to Barcelona's current level, we need to be getting players such as him.

Kante? You really think Chelsea are going to sell one of the best players to a title rival????

To be fair they did sell Matic to Man U and Costa back to A.Madrid (both incredibly dumb decisions to say the least), seriously though as recent experience has shown (on this level at least) that it is up to the player and not the club at the end of the day. And I strongly feel that it would be possible to pesuade him that the best way to progress his career would be joining us instead.

Likewise signing him would help solve the DM issue and help us on the path to dominate the EPL, which would need to involve pinching the best players of our rivals as the likes of Bayen Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona do in their leagues. It is also one of the reasons why I want this club to sign so many Spurs players.

How old are you? 14 maybe? You should lay off the FIFA.

Mid 20s

We will buy a maximum of 4 players these next two windows and surely won’t be spending anything close to £400m.

Well the trouble is that doing the bare minimum to address the gaps in our squad will require than that, unless they want to scale down their ambitions that is...

Edit: I see ALL your posts are related to transfers. Definitely a young one.

Which is largely due to both the lack of time I have to post on this forum and the knowledge I have on this subject. When I have more time then that will start to change.

Once Pep has rounded out the young squad he wants, it will be Academy and back ups filling in the holes, just like it was at Barca, with one, possibly two marquee signings to keep the stars on their toes. Throw in the occasional player who wants to move on after his contract expires or another top club comes calling and he (or his WoG) gets sick of the Manc rain, and it creates a vibrant, as opposed to manic, turnover of the squad.

One of the things I hate about being a big spending top club is that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER seems to be linked with City if there is any transfer speculation at all. If we could add Sanchez and Can on frees, then plunk down the change needed for a quality young LB and an experienced CB (plus another prospect, depending on how Pep feels about Tosin’s apprenticeship), we look to be sorted for the next two windows

I think leaving Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Bale, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Reus, Higuain, Dybala, Morata, Cavani, Mbappe, Werner and Benzema could leave us lacking depth in the forward line if I'm being honest.

Seriously though for any EPL club that is aiming to win the quadruple, they need to have 3 WC/Good Quality players in each position (apart from strikers, where 4 are needed). Obviously the squad rules don't currently allow for this, but that is what is needed.

Likewise out of that list of attacking players, I would very happy if we had Ronaldo, Neymar and Reus as our LWs, Messi, Bale and O.Dembele as our RWs and Suarez, Lewandowski, Aubameyang and Higuain as our strikers. Never happen though sadly, although we are able to make sure they footballing sucessors end up playing with us if the club is willing to push for it.

Stones and Otemendi might have improved compared to last season, but they cannot be depended upon to meet the task at hand alone and considering how many times we have been shat on in this position, we might as well get proven quality in this area.

The Mendy injury shows we need to get another WC Left Back, need I say more.

Sane and Sterling are not the sort of players who can play/score/assist 50-60 times every season (and not get sent off or suspended), in fact virtually no player is. Thus we need more wingers like Hazard and Sanchez.

I personally think he is better off going to Juventus (he is pretty much a ready made sucessor for Buffon), reguardless we do need to get someone like Lloris though. Simply because maintaining a good record for 60 games or so for season after season (all the while avoiding suspension and injury) is a virtually impossible for any Goalkeeper, heck even Peter Schmeichel gave up after one season of being part of a Treble contending team.

Is he not the best CDM in the league though?

A player we ourselves should have got in the first place.

Now that is a rather harder task to say the least, regardless you yourself are nowhere near in contention. Especially since you have been very willing to back up your claims.

Well the fact of the matter is that Tottenham have some of the best defenders in the leagues, defenders which would address what is the biggest weak point in our squad. Likewise under Levy there have a long record of cashing on their best players (and I have seen nothing which has changed this) and if they have been shown to be willing to sell to Man U, Real Madrid and us, I don't why they would object if the price is right (I agree it will not be easy)

And that is before we get to the contract issues both Rose and Alderweireld have had with Spurs of late...

The thing is that I had advocated his purchase before he joined Barcelona due our need for wingers and the potential talent he is got, in other words he is too good to not play in our shirt and quite frankly if we are going to get to Barcelona's current level, we need to be getting players such as him.

To be fair they did sell Matic to Man U and Costa back to A.Madrid (both incredibly dumb decisions to say the least), seriously though as recent experience has shown (on this level at least) that it is up to the player and not the club at the end of the day. And I strongly feel that it would be possible to pesuade him that the best way to progress his career would be joining us instead.

Likewise signing him would help solve the DM issue and help us on the path to dominate the EPL, which would need to involve pinching the best players of our rivals as the likes of Bayen Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona do in their leagues. It is also one of the reasons why I want this club to sign so many Spurs players.

I was obviously joking in my orginal replay to you. Hazard £130m, Sandro £60m, Donnaruma at least £40m. Dembele £90m. I was suggesting these players as a joke...

Seriously though for any EPL club that is aiming to win the quadruple, they need to have 3 WC/Good Quality players in each position (apart from strikers, where 4 are needed). Obviously the squad rules don't currently allow for this, but that is what is needed.

Likewise out of that list of attacking players, I would very happy if we had Ronaldo, Neymar and Reus as our LWs, Messi, Bale and O.Dembele as our RWs and Suarez, Lewandowski, Aubameyang and Higuain as our strikers. Never happen though sadly, although we are able to make sure they footballing sucessors end up playing with us if the club is willing to push for it.
Squad rules will never allow 3 or 4 players for each position and even if they did no world class player will join a club with so many players. That plus we cant afford the fees or the wages it would take did you not see our results last week as good as they were we only made £1 mill, even taking out the extra month we only made £10 mill profit and that was without last summers transfers included.

I was obviously joking in my orginal replay to you. Hazard £130m, Sandro £60m, Donnaruma at least £40m. Dembele £90m. I was suggesting these players as a joke...

I was addressing @decmancity and what the user thought about your "joke", seriously though we are not Arsenal in this area and we need to be willing to get such players if needs be (Which is the case for 3 of those). After all it is not our fault alone that prices are so high, especially if we can afford them.

Likewise it might seem a joke to you now, but when the going gets tough for our club at the closing stages of the season I have a strong feeling that you will wish they where all playing for our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.