Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

I agree, do not understand the reasoning for switching in line with the men.

I attended a lot of the summer matches, but have not been to a single match since the switch.

As you say in the stand you are forced to sit in it is like being in a wind tunnel, got very cold in the summer so must be worse at this time of year.

For me it was because there was a lack of games at the Etihad that I started watching the ladies, and really enjoyed it.

get back there then!!!!! Can't let a bit of cold stop you going to a game. Just dress for the ocassion and it's not really cold at all.

Last edited:
I agree, do not understand the reasoning for switching in line with the men.

I attended a lot of the summer matches, but have not been to a single match since the switch.

As you say in the stand you are forced to sit in it is like being in a wind tunnel, got very cold in the summer so must be worse at this time of year.

For me it was because there was a lack of games at the Etihad that I started watching the ladies, and really enjoyed it.

If I recall, the FAWSL did it to align the league with the French, German, Spanish, Italian, and other top European leagues with a summer to spring calendar.

Why, I don't know. However I get the feeling the English clubs felt they were at competitive disadvantage going into the quarter final rounds of the Champions League onwards as our teams were just soon out of pre-season and into their first few domestic matches. For the other leagues, their teams were in full fitness and in that final stretch of the season knowing the reward of trophies are in sight.

Bring back summer season. Academy stadium must be one of the coldest places in town
The old scoreboard end at Maine Road was the coldest, windiest place I have ever been. Watched City labour against Argyle there, just to save sixpence !
Me and about 3 others.

Why, I don't know.
You clearly do.
If I recall, the FAWSL did it to align the league with the French, German, Spanish, Italian, and other top European leagues with a summer to spring calendar.

Why, I don't know. However I get the feeling the English clubs felt they were at competitive disadvantage going into the quarter final rounds of the Champions League onwards as our teams were just soon out of pre-season and into their first few domestic matches. For the other leagues, their teams were in full fitness and in that final stretch of the season knowing the reward of trophies are in sight.

Personally I think the crowds have dropped a bit , which is a pity as the women are the champions, fa cup & continental cup holders. Also the club have seemed too of eased up now letting people stand or sit , also having a bar area too, the food is not too bad ever. Maybe the switch from summer did make some stop coming , but football is a winter sport , and now it's in line with all the other women's leagues. Yes the stadium is cold , it look's nice and wouldn't be out of place in Spain or any other southern European countries, but not in our climate it's not that great !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.