Emre Can

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's at our level, I don't think he's a bad player either but just for the sake he's free and the absolute shit storm it was cause among Liverpool fans then sure why not?
Could make a good centre half in our system.

We have a few pennies. Unless we're talking getting a good squad player on a free, where we have a quality young/prime 1st XI player, or Leo Messi, "free" doesn't mean much imo

CB and DM are the 2 positions we ought to be looking at as priority 1st XI signings in the summer. No need to look for bargains there.

Given that Sanchez will join for next to nothing, if not nothing, that's all the squad needs apart from a new backup LB and GK, neither of which should cost a lot - if anything if Gunn comes back.

We do have a few pennies, however the club also has a budget, which it sticks to more or less. This is evidenced clearly by us still needing a fourth fullback at all and doubly so by Johnny Evans still being a West Brom player. Given the other options for the pivot are going to be either very expensive (Carvalho, Milinkovic-Savic) or wildly expensive (Julian Weigl) if we can get a very good player in Can for free you absolutely do it. Pep is not signing any player he does not believe is good enough, regardless of cost. If we do end up signing him it will be because he's done his homework and determined that this is someone he can work with. The money we save here will then be invested into other parts of the squad or on more promising youngsters like the Douglas Luiz's of the world. Missing out on a bargain just because you have the money to is foolish.

If on a free transfer, it's a no-brainer. He's strong, can defend, good on possession and technically gifted. And just 23 years old. Hell, I'd get him just to spite Liverpool fans.

We nearly signed Evans who was shit every time I've seen him since so to say that Pep only signs those who he can make great is a stretch in blind faith imo.

Whatever we save by bringing in "frees" must be spent on bringing in those very few of the highest quality, e.g. Messi. The same could be said for replacing high earners with cheaper academy developed youth.

We'd imagine that we only have room in the squad for a maximum of 1 foreign senior player who's a bit of a punt.

My brother is an LFC season ticket holder, i grew up in Liverpool and all my mates are either toffees or dippers. I have been to see them play on several occassions. I always watch their matches in full on TV. I have always rated this lad. He has the silky skills and the tackling. His key issue though is he gets caught out of position too often. A bit like John Stones last year. He looks great on the ball but needs to improve off it. Has he the potential to be good enough for us? I think he has. Is he there yet? No, but in a better team and under dhinos wing for a year he could be a world beater. Definately good enough as a squad player to cover FB, CD and DM even now. Scousers do not understand why Henderson is prefered either by the way (although the stats shows he gets plenty of time on the pitch anyway).

My brother is an LFC season ticket holder, i grew up in Liverpool and all my mates are either toffees or dippers. I have been to see them play on several occassions. I always watch their matches in full on TV. I have always rated this lad. He has the silky skills and the tackling. His key issue though is he gets caught out of position too often. A bit like John Stones last year. He looks great on the ball but needs to improve off it. Has he the potential to be good enough for us? I think he has. Is he there yet? No, but in a better team and under dhinos wing for a year he could be a world beater. Definately good enough as a squad player to cover FB, CD and DM even now. Scousers do not understand why Henderson is prefered either by the way (although the stats shows he gets plenty of time on the pitch anyway).
I like him as well. I like Gundogan too, but I don't really see him as a replacement for Fernandinho and Fernandinho is not going to be able to play forever. He'll be 33 next season.

Just imagine if we signed Alexis Sanchez, Ghoulam and Emre Can on a free at the end of the season...

We would be boiling piss left, right and centre!

For a free transfer, its a no brainer for me. He can play RB, CB, DM, CM... he basically covers all areas. I would never go out and buy him if he commanded a hefty transfer fee, but on a free you just cannot go wrong, win win situation for us. I must say though, I would prefer Leon Goretzka on a free instead. Now there's a player!

Signing them three on frees would be a piss take....can you imagine the look on Wenger's face ....... We could then use the cash we may have to get a top quality center back ...probably Lucas Hernandez ...... Can for Yaya and Hernandez for Mangala ....Bravo sold and Angus Gunn back as deputy ....... Maffeo integrated into the squad .......

Signing them three on frees would be a piss take....can you imagine the look on Wenger's face ....... We could then use the cash we may have to get a top quality center back ...probably Lucas Hernandez ...... Can for Yaya and Hernandez for Mangala ....Bravo sold and Angus Gunn back as deputy ....... Maffeo integrated into the squad .......
Can, Sanchez... the Pep effect in action. Both players know they will have more success and that Pep will improve them. I wonder who else is thinking along the same lines....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.