Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Personally I think the crowds have dropped a bit , which is a pity as the women are the champions, fa cup & continental cup holders. Also the club have seemed too of eased up now letting people stand or sit , also having a bar area too, the food is not too bad ever. Maybe the switch from summer did make some stop coming , but football is a winter sport , and now it's in line with all the other women's leagues. Yes the stadium is cold , it look's nice and wouldn't be out of place in Spain or any other southern European countries, but not in our climate it's not that great !
From my point of view living 60 miles away with a fairly limited disposable income makes it an added expense on top of the men's matches in the autumn/winter as opposed to a decent day out in the summer. I'm hoping to make the next "double-header" before the WHam game, they should try more of those to boost the crowds. As others have said it's very disappointing that the club don't arrange more live streaming of the women's and academy teams.

From my point of view living 60 miles away with a fairly limited disposable income makes it an added expense on top of the men's matches in the autumn/winter as opposed to a decent day out in the summer. I'm hoping to make the next "double-header" before the WHam game, they should try more of those to boost the crowds. As others have said it's very disappointing that the club don't arrange more live streaming of the women's and academy teams.
I agree with you on the live streaming , why have a so called TV channel and not show live games on it ? I remember they uses to show the european next gen games live ! Wasn't that part of the reason why they spent money on Hyde utd's ground (So it look better in the live games?) As for the double headers, it's a great idea , but some people just don't give it a go , the last double header, City v Arsenal attendance 54,286 later City's Women v Everton Women attendance 873, The lowest crowd for the women so far, what's a pity as more should give the women's team a try .

I agree with you on the live streaming , why have a so called TV channel and not show live games on it ? I remember they uses to show the european next gen games live ! Wasn't that part of the reason why they spent money on Hyde utd's ground (So it look better in the live games?) As for the double headers, it's a great idea , but some people just don't give it a go , the last double header, City v Arsenal attendance 54,286 later City's Women v Everton Women attendance 873, The lowest crowd for the women so far, what's a pity as more should give the women's team a try .
I think the double-header idea works better when the women's or academy game is the first up rather than afterwards.

My wife and I went to the game yesterday. The skill rate was high with City doing most of the attacking and Bristol most of the defending. The City team all contributed to the overall performance but imo Elmslie and Scott were nothing short of brilliant. Incidentally, the Bristol goalkeeper had a great game.Well done City, We enjoyed a great afternoon and the shop was open until 4.30pm.
The only downside is the the amount of support the the women’s team gets from the PR SIDE OF THE CLUB. It is difficult to get much from the web site, highlights of play are sparse and late and don’t ask about live streaming. With all the money at the club can’t some be filtered down to the women’s team and the EDS?

My wife and I went to the game yesterday. The skill rate was high with City doing most of the attacking and Bristol most of the defending. The City team all contributed to the overall performance but imo Elmslie and Scott were nothing short of brilliant. Incidentally, the Bristol goalkeeper had a great game.Well done City, We enjoyed a great afternoon and the shop was open until 4.30pm.
The only downside is the the amount of support the the women’s team gets from the PR SIDE OF THE CLUB. It is difficult to get much from the web site, highlights of play are sparse and late and don’t ask about live streaming. With all the money at the club can’t some be filtered down to the women’s team and the EDS?
Said as much yesterday. Poor effort from the Official web site and City Tv. Should be showing highlights all the way down the age groups imo.

I think the double-header idea works better when the women's or academy game is the first up rather than afterwards.
Yes I would think so too, maybe more would turn up earlier then hang about after a men's game .

Damn keep missing the games but caught the highlights and we're still looking really good. Very good 1v1 stop Ellie Roebuck. Nice Izzy pen. Great goal Claire Emslie, looking forward to seeing more of her. Fantastic goal Abbie McManus, always thought she was a good player for us and happy to see her in the team. But my favourite was Jennifer Beattie: the turn and shot, especially for a CB, was quite lovely. Brilliant to have both our teams top!

Good old BBC no mention of us going top just that Chelsea and Reading drew.

I think the BBC’s onslaught against Mark Sampson has damaged the Women’s League, at least in terms of crowds. He may well have deserved to have been fired from the England job the BBC’s coverage was bordering on hysteria. It’s difficult for a minority sport to bounce back from such extreme negativity quickly.

Hopefully, City will win the Women’s Champs League and take interest in the game to a higher level because I think the standard of play is fantastic.

Absolutely. For a Saturday game it would ideal to be able to watch a women's match at 11.30am, then stay on for a men's game, with a couple of thirst quenchers in between. Would get great crowds if that pattern of fixtures was built up on a regular reliable basis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.