Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great mate who's a dipper through and through... In his 60's so remembers.. Christmas present solved!
Are they fuckin real?

Quote from: Macphisto80 on April 24, 2014, 04:48:56 PM
I distinctly remember telling certain people and mates of mine that if we're still around the top come December, then we'll win the title. I only really had brief doubts when we started to slip a bit around January, but still maintained we'd be back at the top before it was over. What I love - and hate at the same time - is that certain people who I was adamant of our credentials about, who then told me to "fuck off" or just dismissed outright of the notion of us even challenging, never mind actually even winning it, are now denying that I'd been beating the league winning drum since the very beginning. I'm not talking about here on the forum. I'm talking about people that I know.

It's a strange thing, because even though it's obviously a bit of a shock to certain people to see us up there, to me, and other like-minded Reds, it really isn't. It's something that's been a long time coming. This isn't just a flash in the pan either. Winning the title will not only see us return to where we should be, but it'll also send out shock waves across the footballing globe. Everyone will sit up and take notice. They'll notice because it was our football that won us the title. It was football that won. Not the oil baron's billions. That to me is as equally gratifying as lifting the trophy itself.

Hahahahahaha!!!
I've just read quite a bit of that thread and it is noticeable how they can only see sunny uplands whilst here, on BM, we can only see every bear-trap! They were so convinced that Everton would turn us over, then they got on to Villa being some behemoth team away from home against the top 4 and, finally, West Ham with their Liverpool fan players would be the one to stop us. Meanwhile, there was no possibility of them dropping points to Chelsea, Palace or Newcastle. I just couldn't live with that relentless optimism, which will invariably end in disappointment but, on the odd occasion it doesn't, would render any success into the fairly meaningless category as well.....

I've just read quite a bit of that thread and it is noticeable how they can only see sunny uplands whilst here, on BM, we can only see every bear-trap! They were so convinced that Everton would turn us over, then they got on to Villa being some behemoth team away from home against the top 4 and, finally, West Ham with their Liverpool fan players would be the one to stop us. Meanwhile, there was no possibility of them dropping points to Chelsea, Palace or Newcastle. I just couldn't live with that relentless optimism, which will invariably end in disappointment but, on the odd occasion it doesn't, would render any success into the fairly meaningless category as well.....

It's fantastic.

I've only read a few posts & I'm already dying with laughter, one talks about Butt 'slipping on his arse' almost, but not quite prophetic. And:

'I think the best thing about this current Liverpool team is the amount of Really Great players we already have...

In the recent past, its been leveled at us, that we have one or two "Good players", but thats about it...

I never thought that, but that was the common consensus. Now look at what we have!

Gerrard

Suarez

Sturridge

These three walk into nearly any side you can think of...and just in England!

Now add these to the equation, if you will?
wink.gif

Mignolet

Sterling

Coutinho

Henderson

Skrtel

Flanagan

Not bad, hey?
shocked.gif

We never even mentioned...

Agger

Sakho

Johnson

Lucas

Allen

Borini

And now your gonna believe us! '

sadio mane injured his hamstring playing for Senegal ,out for 6 weeks, get fit plays 1/2/3 games for Liverpool, goes away with Senegal on international duty and it looks like hes done his hammy in again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.