Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow indeed.
Looking very good...what more could you want from a right back?
Pity the commentary ,such as it was, could not quite get to grips fast enough with what was actually happenimg
Maffeo was taking the ball of Marcelo,sprinting up the wing,powerfully smashing straight into another tackle,which he won,and continued his run upfield..
Whilst the commentator was still lazily saying "marcelo ghosts down the wing"...no mate,Citys full back has taken the ball off him,you darent say his name,and you def dont want go say who his parent club is!!!
Lol.agenda? No.

Not comfortable about this lad being scouted by Valencia. I think we'd be nuts to lose him, personally. He's 20. Set him alongside Ederson, Jesus, Sané, Sterling, Stones, Mendy, you've got a bunch of youngsters who are already bloody good and could go on and on for years. Neither Walker nor Danilo are exactly old, but I love the idea of putting together a young team that will grow up together.
Not bothered about Mooy, Roberts, Iheanacho, not even bothered about Jadon Sancho, but I'd be heartbroken if we lost this one. Anyway, no panic as yet. Scouting is just scouting (as when Big Mal scouted Colin Bell…)

How do you rate him compared to Danilo? I mean their current ability, not potential?

Hard to compare when Danilo's only played 208 minutes as a RB with us (excluding league cup where he's with a makeshift reserve team). I don't think we've seen the best of Danilo yet.

Also Maffeo plays as a RWB in a system that's really defensive which is like the best of both worlds for him because it gives him that protection of the extra CB if he's caught out of position in defence and a wide player ahead of him so the teams attacking width isn't completely dependent on the wingbacks like it was with our 352.

So it's a really hard comparison to make, but Maffeo looks good enough to play for us right now and Danilo has been good enoigh when he's played so far.

What I would say though, is that if Maffeo carries on playing like he has for the last 2 months until June, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Real Madrid came in for him to fill the gap Danilo left, they always want young Spanish players and he'd be the best u21 RB Spain have.

I don't think it has to he a choice between the two, not immediately anyway. Danilo can be a versatile player, Pep said he could play in midfield and we've already seen him at RB, LB and RCB. Maffeo has been used in midfield as well to man mark Messi, and I think he could be a good utility player because hes technically good and naturally reads the game well as a defender.

For a season or 2 they could both be in the squad, particularly as Maffeo's club trained status means he effectively doesn't take up any squad space.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.