Cool stuff on the radio

dad's army and steptoe and son radio shows are really good to listen at night in bed

6 music is good, showcases a lot of music you won't hear on other sites.

unfortunately I only.really listen to sat/sun mnow, as work has piped radio on and shite like key 103 or capital tuned in.

Different strokes for different folks I guess! I have to suffer 6 music dross in work. There's a reason you won't hear a lot of it on other sites....

Between Lauren Laverne playing some obscure shite like Outer Mongolian throat singing and Radcliffe and Maconie having Dr. John Cooper Clarke in the studio for the 47th time this week, I am praying for Key 103 or Capital to be switched on (or a bullet in the head, whichever comes first!)

If you have internet radio 97.5 KRock from St John's Newfoundland ,breakfast show is the best and of course with the time difference it's on from 0930 thru to early afternoon UK time , classic rock and 3 presenters who don't believe in all the PC bullsh#t makes for a refreshing listen !

Different strokes for different folks I guess! I have to suffer 6 music dross in work. There's a reason you won't hear a lot of it on other sites....

Between Lauren Laverne playing some obscure shite like Outer Mongolian throat singing and Radcliffe and Maconie having Dr. John Cooper Clarke in the studio for the 47th time this week, I am praying for Key 103 or Capital to be switched on (or a bullet in the head, whichever comes first!)

Get yor point it has some right obscure stuff on it, but at the same time, nee bands the ike of tame impala, cirst aid kit, slow readers clut et al woud never get airedon comercial channels or radio 1 & 2 (6 is often called radio 2's companion station where the stuff it would play but doesn't is aired).

Also bar the odd time on Radio X , old classics like the chameleons are payed, early pulp before thet were on totp, stone roses songs that aren't fools gold, some new fads and man from delmonte, along with northern soul, ska, goth and other scenes not of interest to comercial radio.

with capital, heart, 103, you can guess the 20 same songs they will play at least 3 times in a day as required.

6 ain't perfect but I would never have heard of some of the non pop mainstream bands of the last few years without it.

Last edited:
I get loads of use out the bbc radio iplayer, download loads of stuff for listening while at work. As mentioned Huey Morgan & Craig Charles for decent tunes, also Richard Searling does a 2hr Northern show every Friday evening.
As for talk shows, Sportsweek, Fighting Talk, Flintoff & Savage, weekly boxing podcast from Costello & Bunce. I don't like the fella but there's a decent series of 20 or so podcasts called At Home with Colin Murray, each an hour long one on one with various sporting personalities, well worth a mooch if you're looking for stuff to listen to.

I used to enjoy listening to documentaries on R4 and the World Service, but find them mostly irritating now... they seem to manage to shoehorn the usual BBC agenda of ''wimmins rights'' or LGBT ''issues'' or the plight of so called ''refugees'' in to just about every programme regardless of the actual subject content.

Get yor point it has some right obscure stuff on it, but at the same time, nee bands the ike of tame impala, cirst aid kit, slow readers clut et al woud never get airedon comercial channels or radio 1 & 2 (6 is often called radio 2's companion station where the stuff it would play but doesn't is aired).

Also bar the odd time on Radio X , old classics like the chameleons are payed, early pulp before thet were on totp, stone roses songs that aren't fools gold, some new fads and man from delmonte, along with northern soul, ska, goth and other scenes not of interest to comercial radio.

with capital, heart, 103, you can guess the 20 same songs they will play at least 3 times in a day as required.

6 ain't perfect but I would never have heard of some of the non pop mainstream bands of the last few years without it.

As a teenager my musical loves were rock music and house/dance/rave, whilst a lot of my pals were into indie music which I couldn't abide.
Funny really, cos the few of them I'm still in touch with love 6 music whereas for me I think I only like about 1 track in 10, or 15 if I'm lucky. Mary Anne Hobbs is liable to pull the odd rabbit out of the hat, but otherwise I'd rather go for Internet based stations for my fix (apart from R1 on a Friday night)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.