Points of Blue Meeting

The solution is as follows: Loyalty points i.e. those who have put in the hard yards will be given first choice on tickets. Being rich and buying 93.20 seats or tunnel club seats etc shouldn't allow you to jump the queue. I also think that a Wednesday night in Swansea two weeks before Xmas should be allocated more points than a Saturday afternoon at Burnley but that's a different matter. Should someone who has decided to invest company money in four seats in the tunnel club to impress clients being given first dibs on derby tickets or FA Cup final tickets? No is the straight answer. And when the club announces that 'The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Football Management, Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club' why don't they say how many in terms of numbers not percentages does each group receive. Let me know if you need any more info to sort out the mess the system has become. And as the club generates more 'Club Partners' fewer and fewer tickets will get into the hands of genuine supporters. I seem to recall singing at a derby 'your just a ground full of tourists' at least ten years ago and we are now going down the same route.

I not keen on the 'hard yards' baloney. Just because you have loyalty points does not necessarily mean you done the hard yards as much as much as someone without the points.

What it can show is you could afford the platinum. Your life might have fell at a better time. We have lots of old fans who now have the time and money to get to games.

I know a lad with 10k points who has not missed a game all season. Is he part of the problem as he buys tickets off whoever he can or is he doing what he has to do.

He has done the hard yards. Another lad has no seasoncard. Not missed a european game since we were back in it. He goes the majority of home games as tickets easy to get. No one has an issue with selling home game tickets it seems.

You have not come up with a solution more a list of what should not happen.

I want to know your idea for a truly new system.

I not here to row I genuinely would like to see one as I doubt there is one.

Whatever is brought in some are going to fall foul of it

I not keen on the 'hard yards' baloney. Just because you have loyalty points does not necessarily mean you done the hard yards as much as much as someone without the points.

What it can show is you could afford the platinum. Your life might have fell at a better time. We have lots of old fans who now have the time and money to get to games.

I know a lad with 10k points who has not missed a game all season. Is he part of the problem as he buys tickets off whoever he can or is he doing what he has to do.

He has done the hard yards. Another lad has no seasoncard. Not missed a european game since we were back in it. He goes the majority of home games as tickets easy to get. No one has an issue with selling home game tickets it seems.

Some great points. My time as a season ticket holder for many a year in the late 80s /90s has been forgotten about but accept it as it is the same for 1000s of others. Problem we have I cannot see a better system than the one we have now. Yes it is a shame for younger fans and for me at some games. But nature of modern football I am afraid. May be a selfish view but content I will get a ticket for any final, granted cup scheme helps

Last edited:
The solution is as follows: Loyalty points i.e. those who have put in the hard yards will be given first choice on tickets. Being rich and buying 93.20 seats or tunnel club seats etc shouldn't allow you to jump the queue. I also think that a Wednesday night in Swansea two weeks before Xmas should be allocated more points than a Saturday afternoon at Burnley but that's a different matter. Should someone who has decided to invest company money in four seats in the tunnel club to impress clients being given first dibs on derby tickets or FA Cup final tickets? No is the straight answer. And when the club announces that 'The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Football Management, Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club' why don't they say how many in terms of numbers not percentages does each group receive. Let me know if you need any more info to sort out the mess the system has become. And as the club generates more 'Club Partners' fewer and fewer tickets will get into the hands of genuine supporters. I seem to recall singing at a derby 'your just a ground full of tourists' at least ten years ago and we are now going down the same route.

Good post. Just so you know, there is no special ticket priority for 93:20 season card holders.

Why do the top points holders get offered front row or occasionally back row when the tickets first go on sale online. You can only get a decent seat if you phone up or wait a couple of days. Surely the club can design a web based system that allows you to choose a seat online, rather than have a random one allocated to you, that may not be where you wish to sit.

The worst Tickets normally go to Supporters Club Members.

Just seen on another thread ticket agencies selling a block of 10 together in the away end at the swamp for nearly £500 each .what are the club thinking of ffs

Platinum is not the issue. I’ve been on it since the scheme was introduced, I’ve got 15000 points, and yet I get further and further away from the away ticket qualifying criteria every season. This season I’ve been to Bournemouth, Watford, Chelsea and West Brom, but not one of them via the points system. The club siphon off more away tickets every season for ‘selected partners’ and it pisses me right off

The current ticket system isn't ideal, although personally, I think the European games should have a completely separate points system. Indeed, for just £6, it will be interesting to compare the number of tickets sold for the Shakhtar away game, with the number of fans who actually travel to the game.
Those 40 points might just lift somebody into the next "loyalty" threshold, particularly with the United tickets about to go on sale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.