Everton 2017/18

We have all seen what has happened since Sh.Mansour took control over our club, with the expected ups and downs that go with the project that is MCFC and the CFG. And I like to belive the journey hasn't finished yet and will continue for at least a very long time.
But we should also reckognize you can never ever say "not in my lifetime" to any other club and their fans in or outside England. It's what we have been hearing the first few years after the takeover and look where we are now. So if Everton-fans believe their owner(s) can build an empire, I will be the last to state that it will never happen. So far it happened to us. I simply enjoy it while it last. And may it last forever.

Whilst I concur with the feeling that Simeone would not want to manage Everton, I think that such an appointment is risky at this stage of a disastrous season. It would make more sense to get a relegation-battler sort of manager (big Sam etc.) until May and then go for a big name with a big budget in the close season.

When English teams decided to vote for a premier league style fpp, thinking they were stopping a city style investment, it was a death knell for lower premier league teams doing the same,the rules seem to be so more stringent for investment. If you look at Everton they need a new modern stadium that they have been trying to finance for years. Even Liverpool decided to build a bigger stand than a new stadium.
Take a look at Evertons squad, it is overstocked in attacking midfielders and they never replace Lukaku. I would imagine that their summer spend was mainly financed by the Lukaku money. When City were upgrading our squad we had to pay over the odds for transfer fees and wages. It is also ironic how, since the take over them and the bin dippers have been so moralistic over where our money is coming from. now they have a bit of money their attitude has changed.

We have all seen what has happened since Sh.Mansour took control over our club, with the expected ups and downs that go with the project that is MCFC and the CFG. And I like to belive the journey hasn't finished yet and will continue for at least a very long time.
But we should also reckognize you can never ever say "not in my lifetime" to any other club and their fans in or outside England. It's what we have been hearing the first few years after the takeover and look where we are now. So if Everton-fans believe their owner(s) can build an empire, I will be the last to state that it will never happen. So far it happened to us. I simply enjoy it while it last. And may it last forever.

I'd say the fundamental difference is that Everton, whilst outlaying in excess of £150m in the summer, have in actual fact spent far less having recouped money from the sale of the likes of Lukaku. Their spending is aggressive by their own standards but nothing compared to what we saw between 2008 and 2011. Yes of course, there are FFP considerations but the key to their future is moving away from or redeveloping Goodison.

Whilst I concur with the feeling that Simeone would not want to manage Everton, I think that such an appointment is risky at this stage of a disastrous season. It would make more sense to get a relegation-battler sort of manager (big Sam etc.) until May and then go for a big name with a big budget in the close season.

Would anyone really fancy taking that job on? It’s a squad stacked with absolute dross.

I'm gutted Giggsy-Wiggsy wasn't given the job!

God, I would love it - if they went down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.