Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we’ll get him in January. Wenger’s comments today about Sterling show that he is in a contemptible mood, without a care about anyone else’s opinion.

He is damaging the reputation of his club, meaning he doesn’t care about their fans, sponsors or owners. In fact it suggests he doesn’t answer to anyone. If the money men at Arsenal tell him to sell, he’ll refuse as he did on 31 August, just to spite everyone else.

He is sticking two fingers up at The FA and any pundit or journalist that has opposed him in this matter, and he doesn’t care, because he’ll get the last laugh. His tenure at Arsenal will end with him looking a cantankerous old fool, but he can’t be forced to change his mind.

Couldn't agree more. Can't see him selling Sanchez to us in Jan.

Silva I think. He glides over the pitch with the ball tied to his feet. Silva can beat players because he throws them off balance with his ball control, and has the pace to run away and put himself between him and the opponent. Sanchez was more explosive. I don't think we have seen the best of Bernardo Silva because he's on the periphery of or team. Again I can't quantify it for you. It's just my impression based on what I have seen.
You really don't like Sanchez do you? Has he run over your pet cat or something? :-)

Last edited:
Screen-Shot-2012-12-13-at-21.49.11.png

That's taking poetic license to the extreme.

He could be but it would be a hell of a coincidence wouldn't you say, then to go back to your original point of "there are no negatives in signing him" why would we upset the applecart for a player so badly out of form?
You think he's out of form? I'd call it more counting the days & keeping out of harms way in the meantime which doesn't constitute downing tools? It's being street smart, with an eye on the future.

Have you considered that after last season ended, Sanchez was straight on ConFed duty & straight after that he was staring at another PL season without a break & no pre-season?

On top of that he was forced to honour his contract at a club he has no interest in or future with. Wenger made a wrong call over his transfer & the player is understandably pissed with him. Did you see the Arsenal training video where Sanchez & Wenger ignored each other?

Question: If we could go back to this summers' transfer window, with the power of hindsight, what do you reckon Wenger's view on Sanchez's transfer would be? Would he dig his heels in, or take the £60m on offer & move on?

I think you're taking his 'supposed' loss of form in isolation without considering one iota of the extenuating circumstances surrounding Sanchez at this present moment.

To discount all of this will probably explain why you see this as purely 'Sanchez is out of form'.

He said over a thousand pages ago something along the lines of "my final word in this".
Marvin is consistent if nothing else, but in truth I admire his belief in his point of view, albeit I don't agree with a word of it.

However, we should consider when others have had a minority view & been ridiculed for it only to be proven right all along by history.

I serioisly doubt whether this will be the case with @Marvin, but the one thing I don't doubt is that he's a true blue, & as such even if a majority don't agree with his opinion, we should at least respect it.

Really don’t understand the debate here, Sanchez is a World-Class warrior, with no World Cup to worry about next summer. He’s been p*ssed about by his current club, whose performances haven’t matched his own. He knows Pep (and vice versa) and is rejecting offers from many leading clubs because he wants to come to City.
We get him at a massive discount to his ‘normal’ market value of around 75m, and this means we can still go and sign the LB and CB we need.
There should be a picture of Alexis in the dictionary next to No-Brainer[/QUOTE]

I think that spot has been taken up by phil jones.

If it's easy to quantify one player's speed in regards to another, perhaps you'd like to do so for Silva and Sanchez? I've seen speed data on the Internet before for players many times, but I think they are very unreliable. There reports on the 10 fastest players recorded in the Premier League etc but I don't think they are much of a guide as some of the players in these lists clearly aren't the quickest.

I was responding to a direct question with my opinion. If Dribble is annoyed, I'm sure he'll let me know. If anyone is trying to ridicule or intimidate other people from commenting, it certainly is not me

Speed is a non topic here. Silva and Sanchez are world class football players for various reasons. Extraordinary speed is not and never was among those. IMO.
You are certainly right about the quality of speed data from the internet. Btw, speed over what distance? 2, 5, 10, 50 yards? Makes some difference...

If Pep would be interested in current speed data of a non-City player, don't you think he would be able to somehow get hold of them? Offline...
This point alone tells me you haven't really understood the way Pep is ticking.
Go back and watch any documentary about Josep Guardiola. He's a control freak, a perfectionist.
How on earth could you even think for a second he could forget checking the physical state of a new City player?

You have your say on Sanchez, fair enough.
But neither age nor speed are convincing against all good points mentioned in this thread. Points you strictly insist to ignore.

Anyway you are absolutely right, it's only football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.