FC United Thread

They're not real football fans. If you believe you can just decide to change your team on a whim like that then there's no point in being a supporter.

Your team is your team. Changing it it like changing your parents, you're born to them and your team (or pick your team, you don't necessarily have to be local etc), but once you've got your team that's it. Yes, there are rare occasions someone might need to disown their family and then find someone else to fill that role but that's after you've suffered serious abuse at their hands or something similar.

Soccer Club United of Manchester fans ditching their team to support a new one is like disowning your parents because they didn't get you the right trainers for Christmas. They're a bunch of shit house turncoats that have managed to convince themselves that they're something special when they're anything but.

Last edited:
Do you honestly expect the club to release minutes of every single board meeting that takes place? Oh wait hang on that's literally what happens so yeah actually I do receive minutes of every meeting :) I can also go to every board meeting if I choose to, not bad right? The things you learn eh ;) Don't just assume I'm full of bull, I realise that level of transparency is pretty much non existent at football clubs so you can be forgiven :)

Not that it matters one jot to this conversation but just prior to the "I'll deal with it" quote he said this:

“Yes, there is a block of those that currently have a massive debt, and I’m looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden.”

“I don’t have the simple answer for it yet - I don’t think anybody would expect me to, because this election was called unexpectedly; we had two weeks to prepare all this - but I’m very well aware of that problem,”

So yeah it was pretty obvious what he meant, even someone as simple as me can figure that one out ;)

Sounds like your club is teetering on the edge of oblivion.

They're not real football fans. If you believe you can just decide to change your team on a whim like that then there's no point in being a supporter.

Your team is your team. Changing it it like changing your parents, you're born to them and your team (or pick your team, you don't necessarily have to be local etc), but once you've got your team that's it. Yes, there are rare occasions someone might need to disown their family and then find someone else to fill that role but that's after you've suffered serious abuse at their hands or something similar.

Soccer Club United of Manchester fans ditching their team to support a new one is like disowning your parents because they didn't get you the right trainers for Christmas. They're a bunch of shit house turncoats that have managed to convince themselves that they're something special when they're anything but.

Pretty much this ^^^

I can understand why rags were pissed off with the Glaisers, but to stomp off and start a club, claiming not to support them ever again - or until they sell the club is fucking stupid! The precious twats should try putting up with what we've had to suffer over the years!

Firstly, a high proportion of the fickle c**ts still go to the swamp - probably never stopped going!
And secondly - so what happens if the Glaisers do fuck offF? Disband this tin-pot little outfit and all go back to the Stretford toast rack with their tails between their legs?

Serious question for north manc7
What are you and your club thoughts regarding the current Blackpool FC situation
They have owners they despise but didnt start a new club they started a NAPM (not a penny more) campaign
This along with the recent court judgement has forced the owners to put the club up for sale

Which of the 2 sets of fans would you sugest are "loyal"
Just asking ?

if i dont't watch Blackpool then i don't attend football matches. I only turn up to watch Blackpool because it's my home town team and i support them, why the fuck would i attend another teams game? Part of the match day experience is having the ups and downs and going through all the emotions during the 90 mins, you wouldn't have that watching someone else.

Stelling and bets for me. I am hoping by the time my Son is old enough, things would have changed and I will happily start watching again. I don't care what division we are in, I just don't want to feel like I'm being taken the piss out of.

The thought of watching Fylde is a bit unrealistic. Not sure I could enjoy watching that level of football.
posted_1.gif

I just don't find football as interesting without the emotional connection.

took me 30 seconds to find some true loyalty the badge on the blackpool forum
posted_0.gif

Oh they’re ‘special’

I own the club ;) At a supporter owned club it's not difficult to have plenty of insight ;)

And no never believed him; he never said it so nowt to believe :)
Wonder how many of you lot who "own" the club are prepared to put your hand in your pocket when all the debts need repaying?

Pretty much this ^^^

I can understand why rags were pissed off with the Glaisers, but to stomp off and start a club, claiming not to support them ever again - or until they sell the club is fucking stupid! The precious twats should try putting up with what we've had to suffer over the years!

Firstly, a high proportion of the fickle c**ts still go to the swamp - probably never stopped going!
And secondly - so what happens if the Glaisers do fuck offF? Disband this tin-pot little outfit and all go back to the Stretford toast rack with their tails between their legs?
The reasons for FC United existing stem from much more than just the Glazer takeover. Wasn't exactly on a whim the idea had been touted for some time. Wouldn't in all likelihood make a jot of difference if the Glazers did one.

Not sure about your high proportion, I don't know any. Small minority is probably closer to the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.