Shakhtar (A) Pre Match Thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticket details for this were up on Saturday seemingly and the tickets are on sale today. Passed me by and I found out by chance whilst checking how many points I had.

I tweeted on Friday and was ignored, but they tweeted someone that day and said they didn't have the information....

Thanks for the tip, I've been looking every day, and didn't see it posted anywhere, its a wonder they sell anything with that website.

I had a similar experience after noting somebody's comment on a different thread about the price of the tickets.
When I logged onto the ticket site using my own password, there was no information.
However, when I googled "Shakhtar v Manchester City Tickets" I was given the ticket details on a different page, plus the Swansea information.

We're doing flight, night in Kiev, train, 2 nights in Kharkiv, train, night in Kiev, then home, really looking forward to it, but I wish they'd get on with telling us about tickets.

really swithering but if I did go this is the kind of trip I would be up for
any details on train prices and times , hotels etc ?

cheers

really swithering but if I did go this is the kind of trip I would be up for
any details on train prices and times , hotels etc ?

cheers
Hotels were cheap enough, staying in same place in Kiev both nights apart hotel near centre, and the place in Kharkiv looks very nice, and a bit quirky in a russian way, cant remember name of either, and at work at the moment so can't check.

Train was about £20 return first class, both depart about 13:00, and take just over 4 hours, booked online, seats reserved.

It's a very long day but I think the TC trip represents pretty good value this time. They could've easily put another £50 or £100 on the price due to the distance and the difficulty/lack of options getting there. I've always done my own thing for Euro aways but if I was going to this game I'd seriously consider the TC package.

Regarding the currency, when I went to Kiev last Feb I just used an ATM upon landing. I thought it was prudent to give my bank a heads up though, as a random cash withdrawal at Kiev airport might see a red flag against my account. I also carried some Euros with me too. Pretty cheap part of the world so you don't need wads of cash.

And as always, keep your wits about you. I didn't think I'd be jumped in broad daylight on a busy street in Kiev, but I was. Couple other Blues were in the wars too. The locals can still be a tad backwards in that neck of the woods :)

Glad tc is confirmed. It cant be worse than kiev trip which was finish work at 5, megabus to London at 6, train to gatwick for a 3am flight, hang around all day then be at the airport for 5 next day.

That said, we had a great time, a few post match drinks with the locals, no bother.

It's a very long day but I think the TC trip represents pretty good value this time. They could've easily put another £50 or £100 on the price due to the distance and the difficulty/lack of options getting there. I've always done my own thing for Euro aways but if I was going to this game I'd seriously consider the TC package.

Regarding the currency, when I went to Kiev last Feb I just used an ATM upon landing. I thought it was prudent to give my bank a heads up though, as a random cash withdrawal at Kiev airport might see a red flag against my account. I also carried some Euros with me too. Pretty cheap part of the world so you don't need wads of cash.

And as always, keep your wits about you. I didn't think I'd be jumped in broad daylight on a busy street in Kiev, but I was. Couple other Blues were in the wars too. The locals can still be a tad backwards in that neck of the woods :)

I think Tommy Cooks deal is excellent value and I am glad there is enough Blues going to make it viable. Spike pulled out because it was too difficult to get carriers to fly into that area so again, good on TC. I really want to go to Kharkiv but the TC trip is just too long in hours for me.

Hotels were cheap enough, staying in same place in Kiev both nights apart hotel near centre, and the place in Kharkiv looks very nice, and a bit quirky in a russian way, cant remember name of either, and at work at the moment so can't check.

Train was about £20 return first class, both depart about 13:00, and take just over 4 hours, booked online, seats reserved.

ta bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.