Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You REALLY think Phil Foden wont be a starter for Manchester City NEXT season?? Really.?
And your telling me to go and have a lay down....All the way from Australia...Land of Wisdom,clearly....

Yes. I REALLY think he won’t be a starter NEXT season. And I REALLY think you need to see the bigger picture. For the first time ever, we are absolutely dominating England at the moment. No one has matched us yet. With the current squad and team rotation we have, we could go on and completely dominate Europe for a couple of years. That doesn’t mean Foden won’t get a look in. It just means he has to be patient, realise that players in his position (Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Jesus) are also dominating at the moment. I also REALLY think that Foden will make it at City. Just not yet. Calm down lad. Foden will get his chance.

Last edited:
i think it's better for Foden get his chance play regularly on loan, maybe with Girona.
he's behind Silva, KDB, Gundogan and Bernardo with just 2 place to grab.
by the time Silva's contract expired, he have plenty of experience playing regularly in the top league.
Foden will be Silva's replacement in the future. exciting talent.

At this rate he'll be playing for the England senior team before he gets a crack for city
Unsurprising since City's team is better than any national team on the planet! Much harder to get into! Competing with Livermore, Loftus-Cheek and Henderson versus David Silva, De Bruyne and Gundogan.

He’s 16. Long long way to go.

Yaya will be gone very soon, and probably 21lva in a bit longer - both due to age.

They’ll be space for him surely.

Yes. I REALLY think he won’t be a starter NEXT season. And I REALLY think you need to see the bigger picture. For the first time ever, we are absolutely dominating England at the moment. No one has matched us yet. With the current squad and team rotation we have, we could go on and completely dominate Europe for a couple of years. That doesn’t mean Foden won’t get a look in. It just means he has to be patient, realise that players in his position (Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Jesus) are also dominating at the moment. I also REALLY think that Foden will make it at City. Just not yet. Calm down lad. Foden will get his chance.
People speak highly about Bernardo Silva but He hasn't set the world alight yet has he? We paid a lot of money for the lad wasn't it 43m. I appreciate that it will take time for him to settle in, but when people talk about him in the same breath as KDB, David Silva, Sane and Sterling I think they are being a tad premature.

People speak highly about Bernardo Silva but He hasn't set the world alight yet has he? We paid a lot of money for the lad wasn't it 43m. I appreciate that it will take time for him to settle in, but when people talk about him in the same breath as KDB, David Silva, Sane and Sterling I think they are being a tad premature.

It took Silva and Sane a fair while to settle in.

He needs to be managed carefully, but I would keep him at the club, not loan him out and let him get experience of training with first team week in week out, getting the occasional game, play for the EDS now and again to keep him match sharp and humble etc. We have a word class team so isn't that the perfect place to keep him around, playing with players who will take the pressure off him rather than on loan at a sub standard club where he'll be expected to win games on his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.