Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail today saying Arsenal have ended their interest in Lemar and will again try and take Sterling in a swap deal in January.

I’m not sure why they think we’d reject that deal when Sanchez was worth more in the summer but accept it in January given Sterling’s excellent form. Nor why Sterling would suddenly wanted to sign for a manager that has labelled him a cheat. As the question goes, what are they smoking at the Emirates?

Mail today saying Arsenal have ended their interest in Lemar and will again try and take Sterling in a swap deal in January.

I’m not sure why they think we’d reject that deal when Sanchez was worth more in the summer but accept it in January given Sterling’s excellent form. Nor why Sterling would suddenly wanted to sign for a manager that has labelled him a cheat. As the question goes, what are they smoking at the Emirates?

Also to mention that Sterling is going to get an improved contract with us , as per reports.

It amazes me that journalists and newspapers are not sued more often for obviously made up crap. I probably sound like a loon or worse still a Trump supporter now but there should be some independent legal entity that fact checks news agencies to help prevent "fake news". Long before the term was common place we knew it existed in sports journalism and it is damaging. I'd love to see some journalists go to jail for just making shit up. It's got the ring of a fairy tale ending to it.

Not sure about that. United have four strikers in Lukaku, Rashford, Martial and Ibrahimovic, and Arsenal have Lacazette, Giroud, Welbeck and Sanchez.

Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are in a similarly vulnerable position to us though, I'll give you that. Not a reason in itself for us not to strengthen though.
City are the only ones who could actually play without a recognised striker though and that does give us a distinct advantage. We also have 4 scores in the PL top 10 and 3 in the top 10 assists whilst no other team has more than one in either list, which suggests we are not totally dependent on a ‘main man’ as the rest of the teams seem to be.

It amazes me that journalists and newspapers are not sued more often for obviously made up crap. I probably sound like a loon or worse still a Trump supporter now but there should be some independent legal entity that fact checks news agencies to help prevent "fake news". Long before the term was common place we knew it existed in sports journalism and it is damaging. I'd love to see some journalists go to jail for just making shit up. It's got the ring of a fairy tale ending to it.
www.snopes.com

City are the only ones who could actually play without a recognised striker though and that does give us a distinct advantage. We also have 4 scores in the PL top 10 and 3 in the top 10 assists whilst no other team has more than one in either list, which suggests we are not totally dependent on a ‘main man’ as the rest of the teams seem to be.
This is about a world class player who adds strength to our depth, is in the prime of his career, who enables us to rest & rotate key players without an appreciable drop in performance, & is going cheap in today's crazy over inflated market.

Notwithstanding all of this, the player knows the PL, he also knows Pep & more importantly, Pep knows the player & what our squad needs.

As I've maintained all along, I'm struggling to see any negatives with Sanchez to City.

This is about a world class player who adds strength to our depth, is in the prime of his career, who enables us to rest & rotate key players without an appreciable drop in performance, & is going cheap in today's crazy over inflated market.

Notwithstanding all of this, the player knows the PL, he also knows Pep & more importantly, Pep knows the player & what our squad needs.

As I've maintained all along, I'm struggling to see any negatives with Sanchez to City.
I'd give it up.
There's a few so entrenched in the view that they won't change. They're not here to discuss they're here to brow beat.
They're the boors in the corner of the pub you try to engage with them end up leaving well alone, on their own.

Clueless journalism again today,why the fuck would we swap sterling for Sanchez,we wasn't going to last transfer window and we 100% aint going to do it in any other window.plus sterling now knows what a twat wenger really is with all the accusations about the lad

And you've completely ignored my various reasoning which could be affecting his form whilst concentrating on him downing tools.

Sanchez is a human being with feelings & emotions not a robot. If your boss at work pissed you off, would you down tools or jist get on with the job you're paid to do with your bottom lip hanging out?

I mean downing tools to me means a Tevez style golfing holiday, not working to your contract as Sanchez is doing, so please explain what degree of performance constitutes downing tools in your lexicon?

KDB had a couple of ropey games recently, has he downed tools? If so tell me your reasons why?

Then all this is down to how you perceive downing tools. You go to the extreme of pissing off for 6 months playing golf, my downing tools is a world class player who is playing nowhere near his ability, cant think of a dip in form he has had at Arsenal to this extent. Then again he hasn't had to throw his toys out of the pram until now..............

Again, despite whatever reasons making him perform this way why would you want to sign a player playing so poorly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.