MCFC U-18's

You make a good point that Chelsea seem to make more Premier League loans than we do which must help in making the player first team ready.Interestingly the guy that has previously arranged these loans for Chelsea resigned in the last couple of days. The only loan I can think of recently was Jason to Sunderland which was hardly a roaring success.

I don't mind loans not being a success - at least we learn something about the player.

But Denayer adds to the evidence that players are more likely to get decent standard loans after a bit of first team football somewhere else. For example, I think we'd be able to find a PL loan for Roberts if he wanted one.

I just think that's easier with a few minutes here and there at City rather than a season not learning much somewhere else.

Tommy Doyle captained England U17 last night vs Germany. I think he'll be playing EDS football by the end of the season.

Tommy Doyle captained England U17 last night vs Germany. I think he'll be playing EDS football by the end of the season.

He's still only an u16 too! He's not set the world alight for the u18s yet but that's totally understandable as he's clearly much younger and feeling his way into things. It'll come as he's some talent.

He's still only an u16 too! He's not set the world alight for the u18s yet but that's totally understandable as he's clearly much younger and feeling his way into things. It'll come as he's some talent.

Where in midfield is he playing? No chance of anyone coming through as an 8 or 10 in the next 3/4 years so I hope he's versatile enough to play fernandinho's role at the base of midfield where spaces might open up over the next few years.

Where in midfield is he playing? No chance of anyone coming through as an 8 or 10 in the next 3/4 years so I hope he's versatile enough to play fernandinho's role at the base of midfield where spaces might open up over the next few years.

As en eight...Bear in mind he literally turned 16 a few weeks ago. He's incredibly young so time is most definitely on his side. Sure he could play anywhere in the mid 3 though given his skill-set.

As en eight...Bear in mind he literally turned 16 a few weeks ago. He's incredibly young so time is most definitely on his side. Sure he could play anywhere in the mid 3 though given his skill-set.

Time is on his side, I'm just not sure if it's on ours. His contract will end at 17 so we've got 2 years to convince him and players like him that there's a pathway into our midfield so they don't follow the likes of Campbell, Sancho, Duncan. I know he's as city as they come, but 2 more years of the status quo would be enough to make anyone look elsewhere - particularly if Brahim, Foden and co. don't get anywhere.

Time is on his side, I'm just not sure if it's on ours. His contract will end at 17 so we've got 2 years to convince him and players like him that there's a pathway into our midfield so they don't follow the likes of Campbell, Sancho, Duncan. I know he's as city as they come, but 2 more years of the status quo would be enough to make anyone look elsewhere - particularly if Brahim, Foden and co. don't get anywhere.

We will offer him a contract if he keeps it up also he has a affinity with our club

We will offer him a contract if he keeps it up also he has a affinity with our club

No shit we'll offer him a contract, and no shit he's got an affinity to the club, we all know whose grandson he is.

That won't be enough if we don't start practicing what Khaldoon preaches in every end of season interview and actually bring people through.

The affinity only works if he thinks he's got actually got a chance of playing for his childhood club.

No shit we'll offer him a contract, and no shit he's got an affinity to the club, we all know whose grandson he is.

That won't be enough if we don't start practicing what Khaldoon preaches in every end of season interview and actually bring people through.

The affinity only works if he thinks he's got actually got a chance of playing for his childhood club.
He's still a child, he doesn't need to be promised a first team place ffs. Who knows whether Silva, Gundogan etc will still be around by the time he's demanding regular first team playing tube, IF he continues to develop.

He's still a child, he doesn't need to be promised a first team place ffs. Who knows whether Silva, Gundogan etc will still be around by the time he's demanding regular first team playing tube, IF he continues to develop.

No one said anything about getting promised a first team place, as you well know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.