Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As people have pointed here, Pep and the board have made many errors but then they can't do any wrong to suit an argument.

You have jumped into a debate at the end, it started as Dibble claimed "there are no negatives to this transfer" which is completely untrue. It has shifted slightly now with my own opinion that we don't need him. As I said if we wasn't linked with him who would be saying in the January window "we desperately need another body up top" the answer to that would be nobody.
Tell me of ONE football club or ONE football manager who has never made an error?

Now who's putting hypotheticals of 'if's' into his posts? :-)

'IF we wasn't linked with him who would be saying in the January window "we desperately need another body up top" the answer to that would be nobody.'? The point is that we HAVE put in a bid for Sanchez, and our reasons for doing so are as valid now as they were in the summer.

I'll give you an other 'IF' seeing as you seem to like them so much......... IF our start to the season hadn't been as good as it has, would you be saying 'We desperately need another body up front?

Contrary to popular opinion, I do agree with Marvin and others that Sanchez, as talented as he is, do not meet the explosiveness requirements of our wingers. He is more an older Jesus in style than he is Sterling or Sane.

We need on our wing a level of explosiveness and speed neither Sanchez nor Bernado possess.

Bernado and Sanchez could play there but we will be less effective. However, perhaps being optimally effective cannot be expected.

So in conclusion, if Pep wants him, get him. :)

Tell me of ONE football club or ONE football manager who has never made an error?

Now who's putting hypotheticals of 'if's' into his posts? :-)

'IF we wasn't linked with him who would be saying in the January window "we desperately need another body up top" the answer to that would be nobody.'? The point is that we HAVE put in a bid for Sanchez, and our reasons for doing so are as valid now as they were in the summer.

I'll give you an other 'IF' seeing as you seem to like them so much......... IF our start to the season hadn't been as good as it has, would you be saying 'We desperately need another body up front?

If goal scoring was a problem then absolutely, considering it isn't and is the least of our concerns then that's why we don't need him.

Do we need him, no. Do you want him yes that's the difference.

If goal scoring was a problem then absolutely, considering it isn't and is the least of our concerns then that's why we don't need him.

Well goal-scoring will be further away from being a problem with the addition of Sanchez wouldn't you agree?

That is the point I feel many are not getting, it's not a case of 'Sanchez instead of', it's a case of 'Sanchez as well as' & that is what I think many of the Sanchez naysayers are failing to recognise.

Well goal-scoring will be further away from being a problem with the addition of Sanchez wouldn't you agree?

That is the point I feel many are not getting, it's not a case of 'Sanchez instead of', it's a case of 'Sanchez as well as' & that is what I think many of the Sanchez naysayers are failing to recognise.

Further away from being a problem? It also would if we bought Messi, I don't quite get that point when we are by far th best attacking team in the league along with being one of the highest scoring in Europe? It makes zero sense.

Of course till the end of the season it will be Sanchez as well as however I reckon come summer it would be instead of and probably Aguero.

Tom, the $64k question is does Pep want him, not you, The answer to that is yes he does and he will have perfectly valid reasons as to why. So we back the judgement of the Manager as its him that has us in the position we are in at the moment. Look at the number of games we have in December and if we maintain our progress in the domestic cups and Champions League we will have to play an inordinate number of games between now and the end of the season. The more we have and at the right quality, the better. I also think Alexis fits that criteria but I also hope he isn't the only one in January. We could be in for an historic season, enjoy the ride fella.

He would add to our squad at a very important point of the season. Just what is required if we’re fighting it out on four fronts.
Would help keep our forward line fresh and on their toes whilst offering us real quality.
You’d have to be a bit of a pessimist not to welcome this signing.

He would add to our squad at a very important point of the season. Just what is required if we’re fighting it out on four fronts.
Would help keep our forward line fresh and on their toes whilst offering us real quality.
You’d have to be a bit of a pessimist not to welcome this signing.
On the other side of the coin that could be a pessimistic view of the ability of our own squad and potential of our young players;

We are allowed a squad of 25, comprised of 17+4+4. We don't have any CT qualifiers and we have a vacancy amongst the 17. Furthermore, two players are out long term, and we can't expect Ilkay to play in too many high intensity games as yet. We have made a cracking start to the season and it would be madness not to capitalise on it by not signing a world class player who may well be available in January. Get the job done City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.