Tesla Roadster 0-60 in 1.9 seconds

Watching that YouTube video about the Tesla truck they say they don’t need to replace brake pads ever and every time the truck breaks it returns than kinetic energy back into the truck.

It may well be fine for some but, for instance, millions of people live in terraced property with no chance of access to a charging point at home so where do they go to charge up?

It's not aimed at the unwashed masses in their tiny 2 up/ 2 down Victorian boxes but people with driveways and the cash to put in a charging station on theirs. I looked at buying a Tesla earlier this year, I quite like the look of it, especially inside. That's the pros. The cons far outweigh them. A huge charge for your own station. Lack of decent range. lack of charging stations around the country. Lack of delivery time. Sometime next year apparently.

Can someone explain to me where this sudden emergence of electric vehicles will find places to plug into when they need a charge?
A couple of responses to that fair question.

I feel it's going to end up being a bit of the old build it and they will come.

You don't have a petrol station outside your terraced house either. With the advent of the new battery tech, rapid charging times will come. Some say a possible 6-10 mins for a car! Also if anyone ever cracks supercaps with a big charging capability, charging in seconds will be available. But their are ideas on the table right now. If this takes off and I'm certain it's happening, infrastructure will happen. BP and Shell already trailing chargers on forecourts

Then there is potential Tech like this being dreamt up, designed on a daily basis. If a market appears, the tech will happen.

Last edited:
Elon Musk comes across as a little boy telling his mates what he's going to do when he's grown up.
"I'm gonna build a rocket, and I'm gonna build a really fast car, and I'm gonna build a big lorry, and I'm gonna go to Mars"

All I ever hear from Elon Musk is 'I'm gonna', now he claims he's gonna be building one million cars a year by 2020,
he's currently knocking out 76.000 with a $700m loss.

I admire his entrepreneurism and enthusiasm, but I think he needs to concentrate on his car production before he starts bragging about building sports cars and lorrys and going to Mars.

They might claim that, but any fast launch is going to place huge strain on the transmission and drivetrain. There's no getting away from that. If you've ever seen a proper 0-60 test, it's brutal on any car.

Of course, electric or petrol, it's also going to shred the tyres.
Garbage.... The Tesla brain will prevent wheel spin if you want it to....

240v_extention_lead_10mtr.jpg
You can put a Tesla on a Supercharger and currently get 0-75% charge in around 20 minutes... you alter your thought process if you own one of these cars.. so you should never need a home charging point..

Elon Musk comes across as a little boy telling his mates what he's going to do when he's grown up.
"I'm gonna build a rocket, and I'm gonna build a really fast car, and I'm gonna build a big lorry, and I'm gonna go to Mars"

All I ever hear from Elon Musk is 'I'm gonna', now he claims he's gonna be building one million cars a year by 2020,

I admire his entrepreneurism and enthusiasm, but I think he needs to concentrate on his car production before he starts bragging about building sports cars and lorrys and going to Mars.
Model 3 is the big test..... it's slipped a year already for the EU

Can someone explain to me where this sudden emergence of electric vehicles will find places to plug into when they need a charge?

If it's a Tesla then simply find a Supercharger.... change your routine a little (you will anyway if you go all electric) and you are sorted...

Last edited:

The investment is mind blowing.. not only for the car production side of things but for after-sales (my involvement) where Tesla are in sole ownership... i.e. not a single franchise now or planned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.