Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

Mangala - Still making a lot of poor decisions. Hopefully Stones gets back ASAP.
Kompany - Definitely showing signs of unfitness but far better than Mangala.
Delph - Very good performance. Abused Mahrez for fun.
De Bruyne - Got a goal but a bit of drop from his godly form from earlier games.
Silva - Ran our attack today. Aggressive and always looking to get involved in a goal.
Sterling - Trying too hard to get back to scoring goals. Needs to focus back on providing width and pace.
Sane - Led a lot of attacks. Very good performance.
Ederson - Came out a lot so we won't have to pay for Mangala getting caught out of position. He's the man of the match for me.
Walker - Made a lot of good defensive plays but can't remember him getting involved in attack.
Fernandinho - Solid performance.
Gabriel Jesus - Got a goal. A quiet performance but no less impressive.

There was one passage of play I enjoyed, where we pretty much pressed them from our penalty area back to their keeper, without touching the ball, that's great stuff is that, especially when put alongside our ability to keep the ball off the opposition.

Last edited:
stones is a blow but if their is any good time for a player to be out its now as were through in the champs lge wouldnt like to have lost him if we needed to win our remaining games,,,great day city well done

Mangala - Still making a lot of poor decisions. Hopefully Stones gets back ASAP.
De Bruyne - Got a goal but a bit of drop from his godly form from earlier games.
Silva - Ran our attack today. Aggressive and always looking to get involved in a goal.
Sterling - Trying too hard to get back to scoring goals. Needs to focus back on providing width and pace.
Ederson - Came out a lot so we won't have to pay for Mangala getting caught out of position. He's the man of the match for me.
Walker - Made a lot of good defensive plays but can't remember him getting involved in attack.

FFS .... you sound really depressed there. We were brilliant today.

Out of curiousity what poor decision did Mangala make?
He made a couple of misplaced passes but wasn't the only one.
Give the lad a break.

Agreed. Had a few bad passes early but played comfortably well. I hate when folks ascribe the performance of one player to others.

Delph was great but Mangala played his part.

Other than a couple of dodgy moments against Wolves who lets face it their second eleven is as good as bottom 10 premiership so far this season he has held his own.

Unfairly ridiculed so far because many of us look for the lowest common denominator.

If Stones is out until the new year of course its a massive blow , so is losing Mendy for the season as it impacts rotations.

As long as VK , Mangala , Oti and Danilo can stay fit until his return we should be ok and we can even call on Tosin and Ferny if things get a bit dicy.

At least twice he passed the ball right to a Leicester player. Our whole system is reliant on the CB's keeping possession and launching attacks. Against better opposition giving them the ball could cost us. He's not good enough no matter how many people want him to come good.
I know Mangala has previous, and I was crapping it when he came on, but if we're counting dodgy giveaways at the back in this game alone, Walker also had a couple (one right before Mangala's first). It can't have been easy being unexpectedly thrust into a game of that intensity and notwithstanding his couple of errors, he did much better than I expected. I certainly hope Kompany stays fit until Stones recovers, but I'm not as worried as I was (bit like the Bravo situation).

We play such beautiful football I almost feel sorry for the rest of the league, how jealous must they feel?... then again fuck em! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.