Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

getting Goretzka on the cheap sounds great but the best out there for me is Rabiot then Diawara , so looking at it from another point what are we going to spend money on this summer if we get Goretzka, who i like for his determination movement goal threat and the ability to use both feet for more than standing on, cheap and Sanchez cheap ? are only want would probably be a back up left center back for Mangala and a back up left back who would most likely need to be association trained,
I do not think we will move for a DCM till summer and this lad will be gone but i hope not

getting Goretzka on the cheap sounds great but the best out there for me is Rabiot then Diawara , so looking at it from another point what are we going to spend money on this summer if we get Goretzka, who i like for his determination movement goal threat and the ability to use both feet for more than standing on, cheap and Sanchez cheap ? are only want would probably be a back up left center back for Mangala and a back up left back who would most likely need to be association trained,
I do not think we will move for a DCM till summer and this lad will be gone but i hope not

I'd say in the summer we will release/sell toure, zinchenko Mangala and Danilo/Delph. In their place will come Goretzka/Weigl, Sanchez, Lucas Hernandez/ Van Dijk . The full back position is an interesting situation. You are right that we will need an association player in that position. I was thinking we could we could sell Danilo and replace him in squad with MAffeo thus freeing up a foreign player spot allowing us to keep Delph as association player and bring in a pure LB. Delph could be used as a utility player. Or we could keep Danilo, sell Delph and replace him with an association trained LB.

I don't know much about this Goretzka but if he is as highly rated as people say then bring him in in January seems like a good move given that Guardiola seems to have little faith in Yaya at the moment.

I'd say in the summer we will release/sell toure, zinchenko Mangala and Danilo/Delph. In their place will come Goretzka/Weigl, Sanchez, Lucas Hernandez/ Van Dijk . The full back position is an interesting situation. You are right that we will need an association player in that position. I was thinking we could we could sell Danilo and replace him in squad with MAffeo thus freeing up a foreign player spot allowing us to keep Delph as association player and bring in a pure LB. Delph could be used as a utility player. Or we could keep Danilo, sell Delph and replace him with an association trained LB.

I don't know much about this Goretzka but if he is as highly rated as people say then bring him in in January seems like a good move given that Guardiola seems to have little faith in Yaya at the moment.
You can keep Maffeo and Delph in hte same squad as they come under different categories Delph is association trained Maffeo is club trained.

Danilo,a player we have allegedly shown interest in,starting for Porto against Besiktas,being shown now on BT 2 if anyone interested.

I'd be after Ruben Neves tbh, he's really putting it all together now he's getting regular game time after moving to Wolves. He's showing he's got that grit and fight, but at the same time he's dominating a league with his passing that really isn't normally suited to that kind of game. Can only imagine how that kind of talent would translate to a Pep team

Weigl for me would be a massive signing and would fit in nicely. Goretzka's passing rate worries me and would rather just develop Aleix Garcia.

Thought that Lemina looked pretty good tonight - not sure if he is DM or was just forced into that tonight by the amount of possession we had, but certainly one of the best opposition players I have seen this season

I know some people might think this sounds a bit stupid but I wouldn't mind a CDM with a bit of a physical presence, as well as the required technical ability. A bit of height and muscle would be useful when playing Shithousing sides like the vermin who just hoof the ball up field and send high balls into the box. Ideally a six foot Fernandinho would tick all the boxes.

I know some people might think this sounds a bit stupid but I wouldn't mind a CDM with a bit of a physical presence, as well as the required technical ability. A bit of height and muscle would be useful when playing Shithousing sides like the vermin who just hoof the ball up field and send high balls into the box. Ideally a six foot Fernandinho would tick all the boxes.
Goretzka, Milinkovic-Savic are both tall physical beasts with great technique. Diawara is quite powerful as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.