West Brom - Pulis sacked (page 4)

At least they now have a proper footballing man in charge, to get the ball down and play. Gary Megson. The poor ginger mans Tony Pulis.

What odds do you put on them hiring Fat Sam to replace him?

It's a bit harsh to call Pulis a failure imo. He's good at keeping clubs up but that's his limit. There's a group of managers who excel at either getting clubs into the PL or keeping them there. Bruce, Warnock, Holloway will get you into the top flight while Pulis & Allardyce will keep you there. They're never going to finish in the top 6 but they're good enough to do a specific job. They guy who owns 3 mini-markets may run those stores very well but he probably ain't going to be able to run Tesco.

The problems start when owners want more than just survival. Once those first three named above have got you into the PL then you should sack them because they're unlikely to be able to keep you there.

I always remember Charlton sacking Curbishley because they thought they should be better than they were and look where they are now.

The other problem is the PL and the money available to even very mediocre teams. Teams should be given an incentive to finish as high as possible not to merely survive. At the moment the PL is paying out about £2. 5bn in prize money but only £2.5m extra per place finished. Make that £25m per place and teams might be encouraged to play football.

Nahh it’ll make them park the bus even more and hope to Knick it. Moaninho can spend 150m and all he thinks of is how to stop a team.

The should try and be a bit more radical Change the league so 5 teams go down then 5 go up that will make owners believe if they go down with there squad they should come straight back up plus newer teams coming up will spread the wealth of the premier money.

Slightly harsh decision although the trajectory isn't good. Pulis never been relegated as a manager,you might not like him but he's effective. WBA better get this next move right or they'll go down.
Effective at what? What is the point in him? You will probably stay in the league, but you will be bored to tears watching the shit he plays, while never even attempting to improve as a club. .

This is the thing I don't get, what is the point of consistently staying in the premier league if it's neither entertaining nor trying to go anywhere? Yeah the board are happy as they can keep getting all the money, but what does that money actually get the fans? More boring shit to watch with no hope of it ever improving. I'd rather watch an entertaining midtable championship side really giving it a go than a Pulis premier league team. Staying in the Premier League just for the sake of staying in the Premier League is not an achievement in my book

Effective at what? What is the point in him? You will probably stay in the league, but you will be bored to tears watching the shit he plays, while never even attempting to improve as a club. .

This is the thing I don't get, what is the point of consistently staying in the premier league if it's neither entertaining nor trying to go anywhere? Yeah the board are happy as they can keep getting all the money, but what does that money actually get the fans? More boring shit to watch with no hope of it ever improving. I'd rather watch an entertaining midtable championship side really giving it a go than a Pulis premier league team. Staying in the Premier League just for the sake of staying in the Premier League is not an achievement in my book
Ask Charlton fans that.

Because it's the board that make the decisions, not the fans. You've answered your own question.

Ask Charlton fans that.
Charlton's problems have all been about their owners and nothing to do with getting relegated. 3 teams get relegated every year, it's not the end of the world just so long as you are run properly. Besides, they got relegated after hiring Ian Dowie, not exactly a daring attempt to push on or play good football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.