Full Backs?

Probably been mentioned before but Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham is tearing it up, 50 pro appearances now and 11 goals (hat trick tonight).
A great athlete and technically already accomplished going forward, has plenty of time to hone his defensive skills.

I wonder if we would look at bringing him in, versatile, young, English and I think would relish the chance to work under Pep.

Probably been mentioned before but Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham is tearing it up, 50 pro appearances now and 11 goals (hat trick tonight).
A great athlete and technically already accomplished going forward, has plenty of time to hone his defensive skills.

I wonder if we would look at bringing him in, versatile, young, English and I think would relish the chance to work under Pep.

I see the Bale similarities. Would definitely go for the lad but would he mind being the 3rd option though?

this. would be perfect signing for Pep and understudy for Mendy.
i look at Delph as utility player and his versatility to cover for many position are priceless.
be he's not attacking LB like Mendy, he's more like inverted fullback.

I agree, I think he'd be a perfect signing.

He could offer back up to Mendy. If we consider Felph a left back permanently then he would offer a wing back option or even a left wing option on nights like last night and Kharkiv in a few weeks time.

He's incredibly young, you'd hope would jump at the chance to work with Pep and wouldn't be too expensive and is english.

Big fan of this lad and his versatility would be a huge bonus, also think moving to a bigger club could really help his career in the long term, while it's great to see he's getting gametime at Fulham, 50 appearances at 17 and a half is probably a recipe for burnout if he doesn't start to share duties soon.

I agree, I think he'd be a perfect signing.

He could offer back up to Mendy. If we consider Felph a left back permanently then he would offer a wing back option or even a left wing option on nights like last night and Kharkiv in a few weeks time.

He's incredibly young, you'd hope would jump at the chance to work with Pep and wouldn't be too expensive and is english.

I like the look of the lad but the only way i can see us getting him would be to buy him and loan him back to Fulham for next season. He needs game time to develop further.

Well, that's Delph.
It isn't really though is it? He's doing a great job and is pretty solid, but he doesn't offer that width or genuine threat going forwards, so much so that Pep has even come out and said that he's having to change his tactics because of it. If we want a genuine backup for Mendy then it surely has to be someone who can actually offer the same things.

It isn't really though is it? He's doing a great job and is pretty solid, but he doesn't offer that width or genuine threat going forwards, so much so that Pep has even come out and said that he's having to change his tactics because of it. If we want a genuine backup for Mendy then it surely has to be someone who can actually offer the same things.
Again, horses for courses. Delph is the real deal. Yes, he plays the role differently, but he is equally effective. Some will suggest more so.

Delph is in fact the other starting fullback. Not even a backup. Against WBA Mendy and 2 strikers might be the way to go. Against Spurs, Delph and 1 striker might be more appropriate.

The notion that Delph is an inferior non-leftback is a silly fallacy. He is a legit left back with strengths and weaknesses just like Mendy. For fuck sake, he is currently the best leftback in the league. Mendy included!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.