What book are you reading now / or recommend?

How to Navigate Darkness by DW Gibbs.

Described on Amazon thusly:

"A horrific car crash sees a man’s mind and soul tunnelling through the earth's core and appearing on the direct opposite side of the world inside an unsuspecting host. Trying to make sense of it all, he discovers an ability to move from person to person through the medium of touch. His challenge now is to host-hop back to his wife and children half a world away. From cruise ship comics to homeless philosophers, from advertising vigilantes to food critics, all via a prisoner of a cultish church. As he edges closer and closer to his family, we learn more of his past life and of the events leading up to his untimely demise. This is a tale of time travel in the here and now - a transmigratory pilgrimage to the place he desires most. Home."

Only just started it but excellent so far, and very funny.

Author's a big Blue from Manchester who now lives in Oz.

David Conn's The Fall of the House of FIFA. Great read, leaves no Association untouched if they had something to hide including our own FA. Not sensational and a clear logical study of the events. He is a Guardian journalist and a blue.

Shibumi by Trevanian, read it a good while ago and thought I would give it another read through, after that I have The Nowhere Man by Gregg Hurwitz lined up, second book in the Orphan X series the first was a good read

I'm reading Norman Mailer's The Executioner's Song.

Seems to be turning out as good as I hoped it would be. 100 pages in and pretty relieved it's chapters are short and choppy due to the length of the book. Thus far it's a really clean and easy read, and a fascinating story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.