Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit gutted ,thought we did have a chance,but we will no doubt find our own messi,Brahim is a good start.

I had mixed feelings although obviously I hoped he'd renew. I think it really underscores how much he loves the club to stay with the mess the board has made of things. Says something too about him turning away a better shot at CL titles atm but he's a culer through & through

Would've loved seeing him under Pep again

I had mixed feelings although obviously I hoped he'd renew. I think it really underscores how much he loves the club to stay with the mess the board has made of things. Says something too about him turning away a better shot at CL titles atm but he's a culer through & through

Would've loved seeing him under Pep again
Yeah. £26m per year for five years and an £80m signing on fee.

Fucking adores the club.

Why would Messi leave Barcelona FC, Barcelona the city, Spain, the weather, the life style, etc. Obviously his family are happy in Barceloa as well.

But there's a bit if me that feels a bit disappointed for him.

I think a footballer should try the PL. To spend your whole career at one club and one league is a bit of a cop out, especially when you are the best player ever. Fighting Madrid every season for La Liga, bar the odd challenge from Atletico, must get tedious. The other clubs are just cannon fodder. Come to the PL and fight against 5 clubs for the title.

Why would Messi leave Barcelona FC, Barcelona the city, Spain, the weather, the life style, etc. Obviously his family are happy in Barceloa as well.

But there's a bit if me that feels a bit disappointed for him.

I think a footballer should try the PL. To spend your whole career at one club and one league is a bit of a cop out, especially when you are the best player ever. Fighting Madrid every season for La Liga, bar the odd challenge from Atletico, must get tedious. The other clubs are just cannon fodder. Come to the PL and fight against 5 clubs for the title.
I'd love to have seen him here but I can't criticise a player for lack if ambition staying at Barcelona when it's the club that has given him everything and where he has a total rapport with the fan base.

One of those things where obviously I would have loved him to come to City but it feels fitting for him to finish his (European) career at Barcelona. Also I'd feel a bit shit for Raheem if he continues to have the best season of his career and we bring in Lionel Fucking Messi the following summer

I'd love to have seen him here but I can't criticise a player for lack if ambition staying at Barcelona when it's the club that has given him everything and where he has a total rapport with the fan base.
He doesn't owe them anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.