Watford 2017/18 Thread

It's crazy how few managers can put together a side that plays decent football and is solid (outside the top 6).

Props to Watford though for doing what others couldn't. Plus it must be nice for Silva, I bet he thinks he's woken up in 1975 given how far behind Europe the PL is tactically (barring MC and Chelsea, possibly Liverpool)

Yet still the strongest league in Europe

Yet still the strongest league in Europe
When West Ham drew to Leicester on Friday did you genuinely think the tactics by both sides on show were modern, attractive, and strong?

Just because our good clubs are killing it in Europe doesn't mean the rest of the league gets to call itself strong btw. Think about how awful Everton were in Europe. I'd say there are at least 8 teams in the league around as bad.

Fair play to the club, shelling out £2k on taxi fares to get a bunch of fans, stranded in Derbyshire after their coach broke down, up to Newcastle for the game yesterday. Now I know; in the modern day, £2k is not a lot of money for a PL club to shell out. But it was still a fantastic gesture.

When West Ham drew to Leicester on Friday did you genuinely think the tactics by both sides on show were modern, attractive, and strong?

Just because our good clubs are killing it in Europe doesn't mean the rest of the league gets to call itself strong btw. Think about how awful Everton were in Europe. I'd say there are at least 8 teams in the league around as bad.

Yep, outside the top 6, I would fear for teams in Europe.
I don't think it is the strongest league, I do believe it is the most entertaining.
Watford are strong, and very fast on the break....it could be stalemate when they play the rags...both teams sitting back waiting for the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.