Noel Gallagher

From the irish times:

Noel Gallagher’s High-Flying Birds practise a particularly guileless, tub-thumping, broad-strokes version of this pungent, hollowed-out genre. Perhaps this is to be expected – we’re talking about a middle-aged Manchester City fan who’s last memorable contribution to his art appeared more than two decades ago

.....WTF?

From the irish times:

Noel Gallagher’s High-Flying Birds practise a particularly guileless, tub-thumping, broad-strokes version of this pungent, hollowed-out genre. Perhaps this is to be expected – we’re talking about a middle-aged Manchester City fan who’s last memorable contribution to his art appeared more than two decades ago

.....WTF?
You can probably guess where his football allegiances lie.

Listened to it a few times now and don't think it's as good as his kid brothers album

And seriously, his vocal track is mixed weirdly. Maybe they're trying some avant garde style wherby he's supposed to sound raw and distant but I have a suspicion that it might just be crap.

Might need to check your sound system, maybe have some distortions out of balance as Noel sounds nice and clear to me - it’s definitely a grower mind , ‘it’s a beautiful world’ ‘Love is the law’ and the ‘man who built the moon’ I can’t get enough of.
Tracks 6,7 and the interludes are pretty dull fillers.
Long way behind chasing yesteday for me.
But still absoulutly Love this, ‘Fort Knox’ is some opener and ‘Dead In The water’ is Noel at his stripped down lyrical best. Thank god for the Gallaghers these last few years.

This album seems to have definitely divided opinion.

For me, it's immense - the most exciting album I've heard in a while.

Noel is evolving as an artist where as Liam (brilliant frontman) just wants to churn out "Oasis by numbers" tracks.

"She Taught Me How To Fly"......well Hooky would have been proud of that bassline.

For the doubters, I'm confident the album is a grower!!

This album seems to have definitely divided opinion.

For me, it's immense - the most exciting album I've heard in a while.

Noel is evolving as an artist where as Liam (brilliant frontman) just wants to churn out "Oasis by numbers" tracks.

"She Taught Me How To Fly"......well Hooky would have been proud of that bassline.

For the doubters, I'm confident the album is a grower!!
agree mate...not as good as this though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.