Goretzka (Signed for Bayern Munich)

He’s from Uruguay for starters Dax. And if we’re shopping for a CM in the Italian market then we should look at Jorginho who’s perfect for Peps style.
My bad, his name sounded Italian. Even though I'm not sure why I think that :)

But from the highlights I've seen, this kid looks the business. Intensity is great. Ball skill very good, calm and a good ball rotator. He does look like the next Verrati. The comparison is apt.

The guy is a proper total football player. Can be effective in literally any midfield position, from pivot to second striker. Unlike Milinkovic-Savic, combines incredible physicality with very good movement. Can see him becoming Rijkaard-style all-around DM under Pep.

Yeah he's not a DM. Played off the forward for Germany at the Confederations Cup in the summer. Scored a few goals to boot.

In his stand out game, against Mexico, he was in a midfield 2, very much a player with defensive responsibilities.

He's played as Schalke's deepest midfielder a lot.

To say he's not a defensive midfielder is wrong. He's not a defensive midfielder in the same way Yaya isn't, nor Fernandinho, nor Gundogan.

He's not Nigel de Jong, but we don't want Nigel de Jong so that doesn't really matter. He's definitely got all the attributes to be our man at the base of midfield.

In his stand out game, against Mexico, he was in a midfield 2, very much a player with defensive responsibilities.

He's played as Schalke's deepest midfielder a lot.

To say he's not a defensive midfielder is wrong. He's not a defensive midfielder in the same way Yaya isn't, nor Fernandinho, nor Gundogan.

He's not Nigel de Jong, but we don't want Nigel de Jong so that doesn't really matter. He's definitely got all the attributes to be our man at the base of midfield.
he reminds me a bit of yaya

He’s a rare talent - can actually do it all and would be an excellent addition- I hope we go for him in Jan - he’s one of a few young players who could genuinely improve our squad. Get him Pep.

You have to remember Pep doesn't go for Kante/ Maitic style defensive midfielders.

If he thinks he can see the required qualities in Goretzka despite him predominantly being an attacking midfield player so far in his career he will do so.

Pep had Xabi Alonso as his base midfield player in his last season at Bayern. An extraordinarily brilliant player and passer of the ball, but one who you wouldn't say is a master defensively and also someone whom was coming to the end of his career.

If I recall, Fernandinho was primarily a box-to-box midfield at Shakhtar before becoming our holding midfield player. In some way he still plays as a box-to-box midfielder.

Might sound crazy but out of all the pending out of contract players, I want Goretzka the most (this is inc Sanchez, Can, etc..).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.