Breaking records/stats thread

Correct, the tweet was from 2PM but they still got it wrong as beating West Ham equals the record and beating the Rags sets a new one.
13 is the most consecutive wins in one season but the all time record is 14. Win the next 3 games and we hold both records.

13 is the most consecutive wins in one season but the all time record is 14. Win the next 3 games and we hold both records.
Damn you had to quote me on that gaff, yeah I think it's an early night for me tonight that's the second time today I've done one of them haha... I was just looking at the 13 wins on it's own then I thought "duh consecutive".

Edit: Actually no... Our draw was the second game and it's "consecutive wins" so it's correct.

pardon me fella....i had the everton game being the league opener for some reason....

Gonna be lovely trumping arsenal and chelsea at trafford...be like a valentine day massacre.

pardon me fella....i had the everton game being the league opener for some reason....

Gonna be lovely trumping arsenal and chelsea at trafford...be like a valentine day massacre.
I did the same thing looking at your post to be fair haha.

The trouble with this record is that every team will be the one which wants to end it, so no matter how hard we try to extend it, they will be trying, à la Huddersfield and Southampton to be the ones who bust it! But I still think it will be some duffers who manage it!

The trouble with this record is that every team will be the one which wants to end it, so no matter how hard we try to extend it, they will be trying, à la Huddersfield and Southampton to be the ones who bust it! But I still think it will be some duffers who manage it!
Don’t say that, we have the scum coming up

It will be Shakhtar when we play a team of 17 year olds, then back to beating United and Swansea to break the consecutive League record, assuming we can beat West Ham although they could well be the duffers you talk about!

Is their squad better than ours last year then? Because Pep didn't get a great deal out Of our squad last year before he shook it up. Mourinho's methods may be awful on the eye but surely you can't just assume Pep could do better with their players. The way we play would be totally alien to most of their players - a team who just cross it High into the box minute after minute
Yeah those two new players that play in our starting 11 really shook it up.

Keeper is different and right back is different and left back is different. Hence the way we are playing is working more. And then Jesus is playing (he wasn't for first half of last year). We are also playing a far more settled squad and the strength oF the bench is different. Not playing Yaya and players like that because younger players can play means with our improved speed and stamina throughout we can press more. So what seems to you like a similar team isn't. Sane and Sterling are now a year older as well. The difference in the age of the team allows us to press when we lose the ball exactly the same as was tried last year and stopped after game 10 coincidentally when Sagna said the team couldn't keep this up. To be fair you won't be aware of a lot of this as you don't see it on TV cos they generally focus on the all...

the record for consecutive Premier League Manager of the month awards is 3 held by Conte from last season. Pep won September and October and won every match in November so should be a shoe-in for his 3rd in a row!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.