Players who might improve us

Right, here's one from left-field. He's old, injury prone, and well past his best, but I'd suggest offering Arjen Robben a one-year deal in the summer. He's out of contract with Bayern then, already has experience of playing in England, and he knows and respects Guardiola. He wouldn't be a starter, obviously, but he would be a decent back up for either wing and presumably not cost much.
No

Right, here's one from left-field. He's old, injury prone, and well past his best, but I'd suggest offering Arjen Robben a one-year deal in the summer. He's out of contract with Bayern then, already has experience of playing in England, and he knows and respects Guardiola. He wouldn't be a starter, obviously, but he would be a decent back up for either wing and presumably not cost much.

Arjen will end his career after this season, make a year in the US or the Netherlands before he ends or stay at Bayern (they will offer him a new contract). He has not made a decision yet.

What do you all think of Nathan Redmond? He's actually had a pretty poor season but imo he's a class player that could be a pretty decent back up to Sterling and Sane. Very good dribbler and he's pretty creative as well. I think he'd do great in this side if his off the ball movement became better as he's in my opinion a pretty similar player to Sterling in terms of his style. He's only 23yo and as we lack real back ups on the wings (both Jesus and B Silva offers another playing style) he'd be a good signing if we could get him for 20-25m.

Guedes would be an incredible signing, he's been a revelation at Valencia. PSG do need to sell him due to their financial situation.
Sounds like wishful thinking. They have Pastore, Lucas Moura, Di Maria, Draxler, Cavani to sell before him.

Last edited:
What do you all think of Nathan Redmond? He's actually had a pretty poor season but imo he's a class player that could be a pretty decent back up to Sterling and Sane. Very good dribbler and he's pretty creative as well. I think he'd do great in this side if his off the ball movement became better as he's in my opinion a pretty similar player to Sterling in terms of his style. He's only 23yo and as we lack real back ups on the wings (both Jesus and B Silva offers another playing style) he'd be a good signing if we could get him for 20-25m.
We need an improvement on the current squad, not backups. Redmond is slightly above average, not City level I think. Adding NR when another CL contender buys Neymar and Mbappe would be strange. Is he any better than Roberts?

Last edited:
I would kill to see Edinson Cavani in a City shirt. Totally different striker to Aguero and Jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.