Players who might improve us

We need an improvement on the current squad, not backups. Redmond is slightly above average, not City level I think. Adding NR when another CL contender buys Neymar and Mbappe would be strange. Is he any better than Roberts?
Redmond is well below average for me. 15 Premier League goals in 119 appearances for a Winger/Striker is absolutely nothing to shout about. At a stretch, Guardiola could get him to Rashford/Iwobi levels but nowhere near Sterling IMO.

We need an improvement on the current squad, not backups. Redmond is slightly above average, not City level I think. Adding NR when another CL contender buys Neymar and Mbappe would be strange. Is he any better than Roberts?
Yeah but we dont need to improve our wingers though? Both Sane and Sterling should be our first choice for next 5-6 years at least if they keep on delivering. Imo Roberts is a bit like Bernardo that he's incredibly skillful but won't beat to many fullbacks for pace and won't run in behind them. Redmond could be a very good back up for them while still offering the same style of play.

Redmond is well below average for me. 15 Premier League goals in 119 appearances for a Winger/Striker is absolutely nothing to shout about. At a stretch, Guardiola could get him to Rashford/Iwobi levels but nowhere near Sterling IMO.
Yeah his stats isn't good but every time I watch him I see how many good and exiciting qualities he has. Despite playing for average PL teams like Norwich and Southampton he creates many chances for himself and his team mates. He also gets himself into decent positions but rarely scores despite his finishing not being that bad. If he had a manager like Guardiola and playing in a system like ours I'm sure he'd develop into a very good PL winger because he has the neccesary attributes to do so.

Celta Vigo's Pione Sisto can play as a winger / full back, absolutely brilliant against Barca, I think he would be a very good signing. We need players that can function in the fullback / wide midfield / winger positions and I see a lot of these type of players in La liga, My first option would be Goncalo Guedes from Valencia but he seems to be on loan from PSG, If we can't get Guedes then we should definitely give Sisto a look.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.