Grammar alert: of/off, to/too

I suppose if it gives somebody a warm glow inside to correct somebody’s grammar and allow them to feel superior then let them crack on with it.
Text speak deserves all the ridicule it gets though, fucking hate seeing anybody over 12 use it.

p.s. It's there's not theirs and you forgot your full-stop ;)
animated-fishing-image-0057.gif

Affect / effect is one I see all the time.

As a teacher, I am part of a few teacher groups on facebook etc and the amount of grammar mistakes on them is frightening.

That's the 2nd time this thread I've been baited haha

Affect / effect is one I see all the time.

As a teacher, I am part of a few teacher groups on facebook etc and the amount of grammar mistakes on them is frightening.

That's where the grammar issue is 100% a problem and it's alarming to hear that about teachers. Why do reckon it's the case then that some teachers aren't up to scratch? Are some not trained properly on courses or in their degrees? Or is it something else completely?

Call me a pedantic old fart, but I am sometimes shocked by the inability of some people on this forum to distinguish between "to" and "too", or between "of" and "off".

So there.

don't get me started - have you seen the rant on You Tube from that black lady in America about how black people are better than " arksed"? She goes right off on ne about why people cant say - asked - and I agree that one does my fucking nut in !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.