Everton 2017/18

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2017/12/01/paul-ince-regurgitation-old-managers-frustrating/

He mentions it. He thinks Wio is being denied the chance to show he is a top class manager:

"If you look at black managers, so many of us have good track-records. Keith Alexander, God rest his soul, was followed by the likes of Chrissy Hughton, who’s taken several teams up; Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who got Burton promoted; Keith Curle, who’s doing a great job at Mansfield; and I got promotion with MK Dons.

When given jobs, these black managers have done well.

But it’s not just about me, and these guys, it’s about the next generation coming through. People like Rio Ferdinand, for example.

He’s got vast experience, was a top player working with great managers, and has a superb knowledge of football. He’s in punditry when he could probably be a very good manager, but obviously felt there’s too many obstacles for him to do that."

He missed his calling, should be a comedian.

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2017/12/01/paul-ince-regurgitation-old-managers-frustrating/

He mentions it. He thinks Wio is being denied the chance to show he is a top class manager:

"If you look at black managers, so many of us have good track-records. Keith Alexander, God rest his soul, was followed by the likes of Chrissy Hughton, who’s taken several teams up; Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who got Burton promoted; Keith Curle, who’s doing a great job at Mansfield; and I got promotion with MK Dons.

But it’s not just about me, and these guys, it’s about the next generation coming through. People like Rio Ferdinand, for example.

He’s got vast experience, was a top player working with great managers, and has a superb knowledge of football. He’s in punditry when he could probably be a very good manager, but obviously felt there’s too many obstacles for him to do that."

Rio hahaha

Gives inspirational speeches;)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-manchester-united-legend-rio-9480400

If wobbly gob wanted a go he could start with getting some badges.......he'd be great to follow Giggs into the job.

What this about pie man having a mini rant about Pep on 5 live after the game, anyone know?

Tbh I don't think the sentiment is wrong...

You're not going to like what he says because he name-checked Pep and City.

So put it this way - Arsenal had 33 shots on goal yesterday, 14 on target but lost 3-1. Did Mourinho put together a tactical masterclass to beat them? No.

His team rode their luck entirely. Their opening two goals came from their opponents gifting the ball away on the edge of their box. Their keeper had a stormer and combined with some shit finishing they won the game.

Now the press and all are blowing on Mourinho's pipe but I have seen managers like Allardyce, Pulis, Bilic etc win games against big sides with almost the exact same pattern yet they don't get acclaimed as tactical geniuses. Allardyce won with Palace at Chelsea and Liverpool last season while thrashing Arsenal at home in between. No one heralded him or his players. Mourinho goes to these places, plays for a 0-0 and gets called sophisticated etc.

Having seen City beat big sides as the big underdog and where we had to rely on our fight and spirit and a bit of luck I know how it feels where you don't get due credit for executing it.

Tbh I don't think the sentiment is wrong...

You're not going to like what he says because he name-checked Pep and City.

So put it this way - Arsenal had 33 shots on goal yesterday, 14 on target but lost 3-1. Did Mourinho put together a tactical masterclass to beat them? No.

His team rode their luck entirely. Their opening two goals came from their opponents gifting the ball away on the edge of their box. Their keeper had a stormer and combined with some shit finishing they won the game.

Now the press and all are blowing on Mourinho's pipe but I have seen managers like Allardyce, Pulis, Bilic etc win games against big sides with almost the exact same pattern yet they don't get acclaimed as tactical geniuses. Allardyce won with Palace at Chelsea and Liverpool last season while thrashing Arsenal at home in between. No one heralded him or his players. Mourinho goes to these places, plays for a 0-0 and gets called sophisticated etc.

That wasn't sam point though was it, whether mourinho is lauded for bus parking and winning, where he isn't didn't even come into it

His point was, even if he has players who can play good football and don't need to just defend, when he choses to play 10 behind the ball and not play that's his choice, and if doing that gets a result against the likes of Pep, then on that day he's a better manager.

That is bollocks.

i agree with pep on this, and it's a bit like keegan, in rather seeing footballers play the game beuatifully win, lose or draw and refusing to play shite and fuck the game as long as the win is there.

A lot of this is the result of the prem and staying in it being a major financial factor, many clubs and teams pick staying up and the financial rewards (understandardly) over playing good football. I remember when wimbledon were castigated for playing thus kind of shite in tge 80's/90's, unfortunately now it's called tactical nounce.

Allardyce is a big mouthed gobshite. He's an average manager at his absolute best and he's a corrupt twat that - thank fuck - lost the England job before he even played two games. If I was billionaire I'd buy a top team and give him the manger's job just to see him fuck it up so he'd shut up abouyt being able to handle a job like that.

"Keith Curle, who’s doing a great job at Mansfield" - been at Carlisle for the last couple of years (at least). Keep up.

Well he would

Crazy if he does anything but play a second string team

Apart from anything else why would we do Napoli a favour. I'd rather have the possibility of meeting Shakhtar again in the later phases than them

Yes, you horrible twat, another of your raggy mates, gargoyle Gary, was in punditry before he tried his hand at management, and see how that ended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.