West Ham Post Match Thread

I don't get all of the animosity towards teams who turn up with no intention to attack and put 11 men behind the ball.

The less they attack, the more clean sheets we'll have and we have the quality to score past anyone.

I watched a recording of the game yesterday and thought West Ham played quite well, particularly in the first half. They obviously picked a tactic of trying to stop silva and De Bruyne getting the ball and were pretty effective in achieving that. Instead of getting tight to both of them they closed down passing lanes and dropped a yard off. The consequence of this was Sterling in particular saw little of the ball. I think this coupled with a drop off in our passing out of defence caused what we saw in th3 first half. In the second, they couldn’t keep the work rate up and gabby made a big difference. Other than the time wasting, I thought West Ham made a decent fist of it and certainly played more than Huddersfield and Southampton.

Game was 1-1 when people started leaving, it is like people wait for one to make the first move. Fucking bizarre seriously.

I watched a recording of the game yesterday and thought West Ham played quite well, particularly in the first half. They obviously picked a tactic of trying to stop silva and De Bruyne getting the ball and were pretty effective in achieving that. Instead of getting tight to both of them they closed down passing lanes and dropped a yard off. The consequence of this was Sterling in particular saw little of the ball. I think this coupled with a drop off in our passing out of defence caused what we saw in th3 first half. In the second, they couldn’t keep the work rate up and gabby made a big difference. Other than the time wasting, I thought West Ham made a decent fist of it and certainly played more than Huddersfield and Southampton.

I agree. They looked a threat when they did venture out and cut out supply lines well.

We need that Bernado fellow to step up to the plate! Everyone was excited when we signed him as his close control and dribbling was supposed to be why we did, to unlock packed defences.

I don't get all of the animosity towards teams who turn up with no intention to attack and put 11 men behind the ball.

The less they attack, the more clean sheets we'll have and we have the quality to score past anyone.
I don't blame them for coming for a point and defending for their lives. And I don't therefore feel animosity.

But it is nevertheless, regrettable. Your comments overlook the fact that (a) the games are not as exciting (nor imo interesting) and (b) our GD is better served by winning 5-2 than it is by 1-0 or 2-1. It may be 3 points all the same, but the 5-2 type result is preferable on several levels.

I don't blame them for coming for a point and defending for their lives. And I don't therefore feel animosity.

But it is nevertheless, regrettable. Your comments overlook the fact that (a) the games are not as exciting (nor imo interesting) and (b) our GD is better served by winning 5-2 than it is by 1-0 or 2-1. It may be 3 points all the same, but the 5-2 type result is preferable on several levels.

Mark this day! I agree with you.

I would add that while West Ham fans get all sniffy about any criticism of them parking the bus, for us this is the third parking the bus game in a row! With the very real possibility of a fourth at the swamp. Between now and the end of the season all I see is endless ten men behind the ball and with each game the away fans will treat it as an occasional one off, because for them it probably will be, but for us it's increasingly all we get from the opposition.

I think Adrian’s display on Sunday may be seriously bad news for Joe.
Without a half decent defence his shortcomings are becoming glaringly obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.