Goretzka (Signed for Bayern Munich)

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/2017-18/1/tm-news--21216-8760-.html

Goretzka: "It will not last until deep into January"

When will Leon Goretzka (22) decide on his future? "It will not last until late January," says Schalke on kicker demand. "I have not set a deadline, but I can say that I'm in the final stages." Does he leave S04 in summer without a transfer, or does he accept the long-standing offer to extend his contract, which, according to kicker information, brings him ten million euros per season? "I do not care about money at all," says Goretzka. "I just have to figure out for myself which step will be next for me, and I'm in the process right now, there are so many things that matter." There should be offers, among others, from FC Barcelona and the two Manchester clubs. Also the FC Bayern Munich is interested.

Kicker...

Sounds to me a January move is on the table.

There seems to be Sane levels of hype about this lad so I do hope we are interested.

It wouldn't surprise me if United pick him up though. They need a number ten with Mkhitaryan seemingly out of favour with Mourinho.

Sounds to me a January move is on the table.

There seems to be Sane levels of hype about this lad so I do hope we are interested.

It wouldn't surprise me if United pick him up though. They need a number ten with Mkhitaryan seemingly out of favour with Mourinho.

Play no 10 at United - just in front of the back 4 and spend all week working in defensive formations. He’d be nuts to go there.

None. I do not want him as he in my eyes is not what we need. We right now have the playmaker 6 in Rudy and Kimmich, 2 box-to-box players with Vidal and Tolisso (Sanches would be another one), a playmaking no. 8 with Thiago and 2 players that usually occupy the most offensive midfield spot in James and Müller (with different playing style).

Heynckes right now plays a 4-1-4-1 with Martinez in the no. 6 spot and prefers to play 2 of Vidal, Thiago, Müller and James playing the 8s. So we often do not even need one of the box-to-box-players. For me Tolisso is pretty similar to him - and even played a similar role as Goretzka did for Lyon - and I do not see much quality differences when they have adapted.

But I do not know what Bayern does. His agent was in Munich some months ago - but that was still with the plans Ancelotti had who had other ideas to play.

I think if I could choose a midfielder for Bayern it would be somebody with very good passing abilities - we do not really have a replacement for Thiago. James does a pretty good job replacing him but he defensively is not as strong.
Thanks man. Your posts are always insightful. How do you rate him on general, do you see any weaknesses in his game and most importantly, do you think he'll be a good fit as a Fernandinho replacement. Cheers.

Thanks man. Your posts are always insightful. How do you rate him on general, do you see any weaknesses in his game and most importantly, do you think he'll be a good fit as a Fernandinho replacement. Cheers.

Is she a lady?

Probably not... But atleast I am female. ;)

---------------

Isn't Fernandinho somebody that can play the holding role behind 2 more offensive players? That is not Goretzka. He plays more box to box but with strengths not as the creator but as somebody that can go into the box and shoot or head as he is very tall for a midfielder. He might have played deeper in previous seasons but that is where he plays now for Schalke and when he gets time for the German team.

Probably not... But atleast I am female. ;)

---------------

Isn't Fernandinho somebody that can play the holding role behind 2 more offensive players? That is not Goretzka. He plays more box to box but with strengths not as the creator but as somebody that can go into the box and shoot or head as he is very tall for a midfielder. He might have played deeper in previous seasons but that is where he plays now for Schalke and when he gets time for the German team.
Hahaha! I'm all the more impressed with you given that you're a lady, sorry a female. Reason I asked is, given that we do not play in a conventional manner like most teams and given that Pep is the definition of radical/unconventional, I for one thought there just might be a holding midfielder in him some where so I thought to ask you seeing that you are a Bayern fan and are more likely to follow Bundlesliga more than most here.

Also because Fernandinho was known as what we call a box to box midfielder before he came here, it's not very strange to entertain the thought of having someone who even though is box to box, play a more holding role so long as he has got the basic traditional holding skill set e.g. tackling, reading of the game, strength, etc.

Hahaha! I'm all the more impressed with you given that you're a lady, sorry a female. Reason I asked is, given that we do not play in a conventional manner like most teams and given that Pep is the definition of radical/unconventional, I for one thought there just might be a holding midfielder in him some where so I thought to ask you seeing that you are a Bayern fan and are more likely to follow Bundlesliga more than most here.

Also because Fernandinho was known as what we call a box to box midfielder before he came here, it's not very strange to entertain the thought of having someone who even though is box to box, play a more holding role so long as he has got the basic traditional holding skill set e.g. tackling, reading of the game, strength, etc.

I have seen Vidal in that role some times with Pep - but he has more fight in him than Goretzka has. For me he is a bit hyped too much - a good player but none I see in the "will be world class"-bracket. But that is my opinion. I do not see him better than Tolisso, who is about the same age. But yes, he is out of contract in summer and for that a steal.

I can see Pep liking this guy. i hope hes secret January signing somehow. looks to start a lot of breaks from the same positions kdb does. the accuracy of his passing and finishing all remind me of him as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.