Are the Uber British DUP, the antithesis of 2017 British values?

It's a sign of the shit that you are in when you are dealing with the DUP to make a sensible decision.
theresa-may-arlene-foster-621068.jpg

Arlene is really pulling the strings right now and would love and wants a hard border which would divide Ireland and take away the re-unification or Ireland. Any special deal would open that debate and come hell or high water the DUP will block any attempt at it. So right now we are what is technically known as totally fucked. I wouldn't be surprised to see another GE early in the new year because unless May is going to concede on staying in the customs union for the whole of the UK not just Ireland which won't go down well with the head banger element in her party the GE is next.

I don't blame Arlene, the clue is in the name....Democratic Unionist Party.

I don't blame Arlene, the clue is in the name....Democratic Unionist Party.

You can't blame Arlene she is just looking after her own and who can blame her. She is quite rightly defending her party's interest regardless how backward some may see them that is her duty.

I accept that. But the question I'm asking is, are they, the DUP in anyway synonomous with 2017 British values and in particular evolved social norms?

May be that is something that May should have asked herself before jumping into bed with the DUP. They aren't your conventional political party like the Lib Dems for example these guys have an agenda and top of that agenda is keeping Northern Ireland in the UK at all costs and if that means hard build that wall and lets get the EU to pay for it will be the call.

You can't blame Arlene she is just looking after her own and who can blame her. She is quite rightly defending her party's interest regardless how backward some may see them that is her duty.

But not defending what the majority of NI want

May be that is something that May should have asked herself before jumping into bed with the DUP. They aren't your conventional political party like the Lib Dems for example these guys have an agenda and top of that agenda is keeping Northern Ireland in the UK at all costs and if that means hard build that wall and lets get the EU to pay for it will be the call.

She wants NI to be the same as GB and the rest of the UK....yet her party wont afford us in NI the same laws/legislation

I accept that. But the question I'm asking is, are they, the DUP in anyway synonomous with 2017 British values and in particular evolved social norms?

The simple answer is no, but as British values seem to have "evolved" to encompass the acceptance of gay marriage alongside the acceptance of food banks, I don't feel inclined to put Arlene in the dock.

Last edited:
The simple answer is no, but as British values seem to have "evolved" to encompass the acceptance of gay marriage alongside the acceptance of food banks, I don't feel inclined to put Arlene in the dock.

I don't think there is a moral acceptance of food banks, it is more a reaction to the immorality of the decisions taken that requires them.

As for gay marriage, or any discrimination against people because your book tells you, is not acceptable. To further rely on the same God to save the planet and deny climate change is scary.

They live in a self constructed idiom that purports to be British, but is at odds with the vast majority of how the people, not tainted by that bubble, see Britain.

For a group with their beliefs to be pivotal to hone we proceed with this developing disaster is a worry to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.