West Ham Post Match Thread

People need to remember that referees in the Premier League are discouraged from showing what some may call unnecessary yellow cards (as they could lead to unnecessary red cards) as it 'ruins the spectacle'. So the reason why we haven't seen refereeing action on time wasting early is precisely that reason. Quite frankly Mike Dean's approach is as good as we'll get it. It's clear that he's not ignoring the time wasting as he's giving a lot of injury time, just like he did against Bournemouth and we experienced against Southampton.

I tell you what, we can criticise these refs as much as we want for not showing the yellow early on but I can assure you that if they did they'd be getting a grand old bollocking off Messrs Riley and co. The fact is that this 'poor' officiating is systematic and so it can only be assumed that it's coming from upstairs.

[It's like Clattenburg the other day. You can have a go at him all you want but the reason he did what he did is because that kind of behaviour has been encouraged by the powers that be]

Now ask yourself what's better 'for the spectacle'. City winning 3-0 or City winning in the 97th minute? Now if it's the latter wouldn't you want more City games to pan out that way if you could help it? That's exactly what the PL and co. are going for. Because remember, rules are great and all. But money's better.

I don't know what media you listen to, but they never stopped going on about how much Arsenal breached United's defence. On Sunday Supplement this morning, they were very critical of United and hugely complimentary about us.
MotD seemed to think United were brilliant because De Gea made a record number of saves!

He was but is gone. I think every Blue was excited by B.Silva and I know players need time to settle but I really hope he pulls his finger out soon as we are going to need him.

B. Silva has started a handful of games, give the guy a chance ffs ha ha.

B. Silva has started a handful of games, give the guy a chance ffs ha ha.

He is an international player vastly experienced in the champions league too not some academy kid. He has underwhelmed when chosen but I do understand he is settling into a new club and country.

MotD seemed to think United were brilliant because De Gea made a record number of saves!

They appear to ride their luck each game and get away with it.
Not sure their defensive strategy is as robust as they think.

Just catching up. Well Im disappointed we didnt get a point- glorious chances like we had at the end dont come along too often. Im more positive about us than I was before this match- I think calling it parking the bus / wasting time etc is wide of the mark and does neither side any favours- we worked hard, you worked harder and found a way through via a superb winning goal. On you go, hopefully we will be playing in the same league next year however I honestly think we will be a long way adrift come christmas. Im in manchester this weekend and shall be enjoying my first city-rags match as a corporate guest and of course hoping you pound them to a pulp ;-)

Just catching up. Well Im disappointed we didnt get a point- glorious chances like we had at the end dont come along too often. Im more positive about us than I was before this match- I think calling it parking the bus / wasting time etc is wide of the mark and does neither side any favours- we worked hard, you worked harder and found a way through via a superb winning goal. On you go, hopefully we will be playing in the same league next year however I honestly think we will be a long way adrift come christmas. Im in manchester this weekend and shall be enjoying my first city-rags match as a corporate guest and of course hoping you pound them to a pulp ;-)

Mate, there is no doubt whatsoever that West Ham were time wasting.

Not having a go, just stating a fact.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.