Pub in town for the derby

Anyone have any ideas of somewhere near to the airport that a)serves decent enough food and b)will definitely have footy on, I will have car so driving is no problem, we booked to go away and fly at 7pm so have ended up in this situation! Cheers

The King George on Moss Lane in Altrincham serves decent grub and beer and has a good mix of blues and reds in on derby day. Plenty of banter but nothing gets out of control.

I've been going in there on Derby day for years and it's very civilised.

It's only 10 minutes or so from the airport as well.

any all blue pubs prestwich/whitefield?
were from swinton and got no ticket and struggle now the brit and showboat shut and usually end up scrapping with some gobby red twat who never goes round here so looking for somewhere decent

Try Goats Gate on Radcliffe New Road. Well run, plenty of Blues and crystal gold on draught.

Mary D’s was alright for the clash last season. Loads in. I tend not to go there anymore but I imagine they’ll be open.

I'm sure both sets of fans have their fair share of total twats but I find that those red bellends just take the biscuit when you have to watch in a mixed venue.

I used to sometimes go to the Marriott in Worsley to watch City but stopped because it's so full of absolute tossers. Even when Utd aren't playing they're still there. It used to be a really good place to watch. The comments they make just wind me up to the point of oblivion.

any all blue pubs prestwich/whitefield?
were from swinton and got no ticket and struggle now the brit and showboat shut and usually end up scrapping with some gobby red twat who never goes round here so looking for somewhere decent

Beehive will be mostly blue or try the Goats they have city in one room utd in other.

Anyone have any ideas of somewhere near to the airport that a)serves decent enough food and b)will definitely have footy on, I will have car so driving is no problem, we booked to go away and fly at 7pm so have ended up in this situation! Cheers

What about etihad lounge in airport? £20 all you can eat and drink.

edit; etihad is 40 adults and 20 kids.
Escape lounge is 25 in advance or 30 on the day.

Just go in any pub you like, most utd fans will be at home anyway, the ones at oh tee are from anywhere but manchester...but you know that anyway dont you.
Besides, utd fans are just gobshites, hence they end up getting run all round piccadilly gardens as usual.

I'm sure both sets of fans have their fair share of total twats but I find that those red bellends just take the biscuit when you have to watch in a mixed venue.

I used to sometimes go to the Marriott in Worsley to watch City but stopped because it's so full of absolute tossers. Even when Utd aren't playing they're still there. It used to be a really good place to watch. The comments they make just wind me up to the point of oblivion.

I left worsley after I cheered a Chelsea goal in the white horse pub when they scored against the rags. I was one of about 100. Decided it wasn’t for me. Back to sunny south manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.