Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Foden and Diaz both class tonight.
Thought Gundogan played very well too.
Now to put the rags to the sword!

Oh well, prefer this to break the unbeaten run than sunday.

Positives
the young lads played well,
we looked better second half
All our starters for sunday came through the game un-injured.

negatives
yaya is lookimg past it and as back up if ferdy unavailable looks worrying.

I guess that will be remembered as a damp squid of an end to an extraordinary winning run.

Some thoughts on the young lads...

Brahim was excellent. He'd be a great option against a parked bus. An incredibly instinctive dribbler who's grown so much physically since his Swansea cameo last year. Looks strong now and has genuine magic in his boots.

Foden is 17. SEVENTEEN. He was asked to play fucking left-back, and yet he looked alright. To just look alright at that age, away in the Ukraine in a ridiculously unfamiliar position is a huge huge achievement in itself and testament to his natural ability.

Thought Tosin was pretty poor in the back three but then actually settled into the game when we went to a back four and he became more assertive and settled in. Problem is he now won't get the game time to build on it and he'll reset straight back to the nervy mess he was after no football for weeks on end. He needs a loan somewhere to find his rhythm.

Couldn't care less about the result to be honest. Nice to see some youth play but sad to see how much Yaya has declined. I still thought he could perhaps offer something but that doesn't really look possible and it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave in Jan. Gundogan also didn't really look right alongside him either.

We had to play a different style and different formation and it didn't work. Bigger fish to fry in the coming weeks/months,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.