Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Nothing game realleh. A good and proper brexit mentality by Pep not to risk the first teamers. On to the scum.

nwxl.jpg

Poor performance from a number of players, but particularly yaya and Gundogan, who should be better than that.

To be honest, it was Bernardo Silva, who disappointed me more than anyone else (again) tonight. Really had high hopes for the lad after he was signed.

I know he’s still young, but he’s quite a lot older (and has a lot more first team experience under his belt, albeit in another country) than the likes of Foden or Brahim, who tonight, despite defeat, grasped their chance with relish, rather than the awfull trepidation that poor Bernardo currently seems to experience every time he is given a first team opportunity.

I’ve no doubt he has the ability, (As shown by his two fine performances against us for Monaco last season) but he seems totally overawed both by,
(A) The stature of the two players he’s currently having to compete with for a place in the side, and (B) The size of the club.

Last edited:
I am not worried about losing, however.

We've now conceded the opening goal in 4 consecutive games.
Only 1 clean sheet in our last 6 league games (we had 5 in the previous 6).
We haven't scored 3 goals in since the Arsenal game on the 5th of November.
We haven't scored more than 3 goals since Napoli.
Agüero has only scored 1 goal from open play since September (the record breaking goal)
Jesus has only scored in 2 of his last 11 games.

Can't play champagne football every game, and I have really enjoyed the fighting till the end spirit, Sterling's heroics and the rest of it...but I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned that our attack has basically stopped working since the Arsenal game and the defence has become mediocre since Stones got injured.

I am not worried about losing, however.

We've now conceded the opening goal in 4 consecutive games.
Only 1 clean sheet in our last 6 league games (we had 5 in the previous 6).
We haven't scored 3 goals in since the Arsenal game on the 5th of November.
We haven't scored more than 3 goals since Napoli.
Agüero has only scored 1 goal from open play since September (the record breaking goal)
Jesus has only scored in 2 of his last 11 games.

Can't play champagne football every game, and I have really enjoyed the fighting till the end spirit, Sterling's heroics and the rest of it...but I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned that our attack has basically stopped working since the Arsenal game and the defence has become mediocre since Stones got injured.
Yes its worrying..
Whats going on with Kun & Jesus ?

Yes its worrying..
Whats going on with Kun & Jesus ?

Well part of it is simply that they're given a thankless job. We have to have a striker in the box, but they're often the only City player in there with 6 defenders so actually doing anything is almost impossible, but it gives us shape and someone to build play towards.

The other part of it just seems to be poor form. Sergio has had some great opportunities and missed, while Jesus seems to have lost that golden touch where his shots would just find the bottom corner - now they're dribbling just wide.

It's really only been a big issue since the international break, which was only 6 games ago, but it needs fixing quickly.

Well part of it is simply that they're given a thankless job. We have to have a striker in the box, but they're often the only City player in there with 6 defenders so actually doing anything is almost impossible, but it gives us shape and someone to build play towards.

The other part of it just seems to be poor form. Sergio has had some great opportunities and missed, while Jesus seems to have lost that golden touch where his shots would just find the bottom corner - now they're dribbling just wide.

It's really only been a big issue since the international break, which was only 6 games ago, but it needs fixing quickly.
Goddam International breaks
They always 'break' something..

After a couple of windows
Mangala gone
Danilo gone
Tosin gone
Bravo gone
Toure thanks legend gone
Gundogan after time maybe gone
B Silva gone
Probably a few more as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.